Universal Pictures International said it will surpass $1 billion in international box office today. That marks the fastest it has reached the milestone, eclipsing the 2008 record of August 16. It’s the sixth consecutive year Universal has gone past the threshold, this time owing to such movies as Safe House ($77.5M), Dr Seuss’ The Lorax ($99.7M, with nine territories still to open), American Reunion ($177.4M, Battleship ($238M) and Snow White And The Huntsman ($220M). Most recently, the studio’s Ted opened in four territories and has already grossed $32.3Ml and still to come in 2012 are tentpole pics The Bourne Legacy, The Man With The Iron Fists, and Les Miserables.
Universal Passing $1B At Overseas Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $93M+ Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened
- Review: Lerner & Loewe’s Golden ‘Brigadoon’ With Kelli O’Hara and Aasif Mandvi
- How MoviePass Is Girding For The Massive ‘Last Jedi’ Holiday B.O. Season: CEO Says “Exhibitors Should Be Thrilled”…
- ‘Justice League’ Unites $27.3M After Two Days At International Box Office
- Fandango Reports Sensational Advance Group Ticket Sales For ‘Wonder’
- ‘Justice League’ Powers To $13M Thursday Night; Beats ‘Wonder Woman’ – Friday AM Update