Universal Pictures International said it will surpass $1 billion in international box office today. That marks the fastest it has reached the milestone, eclipsing the 2008 record of August 16. It’s the sixth consecutive year Universal has gone past the threshold, this time owing to such movies as Safe House ($77.5M), Dr Seuss’ The Lorax ($99.7M, with nine territories still to open), American Reunion ($177.4M, Battleship ($238M) and Snow White And The Huntsman ($220M). Most recently, the studio’s Ted opened in four territories and has already grossed $32.3Ml and still to come in 2012 are tentpole pics The Bourne Legacy, The Man With The Iron Fists, and Les Miserables.
Universal Passing $1B At Overseas Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Box Office News
- Andrew Rannells And Christian Borle Are Tender, If Unlikely, Lovers In ‘Falsettos’ Revival – Review
- Battling Times Square, Propping Up Clinton And Cheering Jake Gyllenhaal: Gerard & Roth
- Putting ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Opening Projections In Perspective
- ‘Sully’ Schedules Flight To China
- Jake Gyllenhaal Fills The Canvas of Sondheim & Lapine’s ‘Sunday In The Park With George’ – Review
- Disney Swaps Pixar Sequels: ‘Incredibles 2’ Now Set For 2018 & ‘Toy Story 4’ Pushed To 2019