Universal Pictures International said it will surpass $1 billion in international box office today. That marks the fastest it has reached the milestone, eclipsing the 2008 record of August 16. It’s the sixth consecutive year Universal has gone past the threshold, this time owing to such movies as Safe House ($77.5M), Dr Seuss’ The Lorax ($99.7M, with nine territories still to open), American Reunion ($177.4M, Battleship ($238M) and Snow White And The Huntsman ($220M). Most recently, the studio’s Ted opened in four territories and has already grossed $32.3Ml and still to come in 2012 are tentpole pics The Bourne Legacy, The Man With The Iron Fists, and Les Miserables.
Universal Passing $1B At Overseas Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
Rian Johnson & Ram Bergman Talk 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Deleted Scenes And Finding Light In The Dark Of Episode VIII
Latest Box Office News
- ‘The Last Jedi’ Opening To $208M-$214M: How Disney Continues To Win With The ‘Star Wars’ Franchise
- Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’ Faces $18M Lawsuit Over Poorly Performing Pic
- New York’s Famed Lincoln Plaza Art House Theatre Scheduled To Close In January
- Blair Brown On Uma Thurman, Queen Lear – And The Mystery Of ‘Molly Dodd’
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Eyeing $202M-$208M Opening After $97M-$100M Friday – Midday Update
- EuropaCorp Posts Half Year Loss Of $83M, Blames ‘Valerian’ B.O. Performance In U.S.