Universal Pictures International said it will surpass $1 billion in international box office today. That marks the fastest it has reached the milestone, eclipsing the 2008 record of August 16. It’s the sixth consecutive year Universal has gone past the threshold, this time owing to such movies as Safe House ($77.5M), Dr Seuss’ The Lorax ($99.7M, with nine territories still to open), American Reunion ($177.4M, Battleship ($238M) and Snow White And The Huntsman ($220M). Most recently, the studio’s Ted opened in four territories and has already grossed $32.3Ml and still to come in 2012 are tentpole pics The Bourne Legacy, The Man With The Iron Fists, and Les Miserables.
Universal Passing $1B At Overseas Box Office
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu 'Keep On Keepin' On'
- Sundance Institute Taps 10 For Docu Music And Sound Design Lab
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Relativity's 'Beyond The Lights' To Open 18th Urbanworld Fest
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'