Universal Pictures International said it will surpass $1 billion in international box office today. That marks the fastest it has reached the milestone, eclipsing the 2008 record of August 16. It’s the sixth consecutive year Universal has gone past the threshold, this time owing to such movies as Safe House ($77.5M), Dr Seuss’ The Lorax ($99.7M, with nine territories still to open), American Reunion ($177.4M, Battleship ($238M) and Snow White And The Huntsman ($220M). Most recently, the studio’s Ted opened in four territories and has already grossed $32.3Ml and still to come in 2012 are tentpole pics The Bourne Legacy, The Man With The Iron Fists, and Les Miserables.
Universal Passing $1B At Overseas Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
'This Is Us': Alexandra Breckenridge, & Jon Huertas Upped To Series Regulars For Season 2 Of NBC Drama
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Baby Driver’ Cruising Toward $5M+ Opening Day – Box Office Update
- Elvis Presley Prequel ‘Heartbreak Hotel’ Is Broadway Bound. Or Not.
- Mercedes Ruehl Joins Harvey Fierstein’s ‘Torch Song’ Revival
- Luc Besson’s EuropaCorp Reports $136M Loss; Will Re-Focus On Action, Sci-Fi
- ‘Despicable Me 3’ To Own Crowded Independence Day Weekend – Box Office Preview
- Hollywood Auditing China Box Office In First Look At Middle Kingdom Books