Universal Pictures International said it will surpass $1 billion in international box office today. That marks the fastest it has reached the milestone, eclipsing the 2008 record of August 16. It’s the sixth consecutive year Universal has gone past the threshold, this time owing to such movies as Safe House ($77.5M), Dr Seuss’ The Lorax ($99.7M, with nine territories still to open), American Reunion ($177.4M, Battleship ($238M) and Snow White And The Huntsman ($220M). Most recently, the studio’s Ted opened in four territories and has already grossed $32.3Ml and still to come in 2012 are tentpole pics The Bourne Legacy, The Man With The Iron Fists, and Les Miserables.
Universal Passing $1B At Overseas Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Girls Trip’ Speeds Past $100M; A Box Office Anomaly In Unfunny Year For Comedy
- After Horrific Summer At Box Office, ‘It’ Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
- ‘Hamilton’ Review: L.A Version Lives Up To Hip-Hop Hype While Challenging Status Quo
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Brings #Ham4Ham Live Performance For ‘Hamilton’ Opening Night In L.A.
- L.A. Film Czar Ken Ziffren Says Premium VOD For Studios Still In Limbo
- ‘Tulip Fever’ Release Date Shifts Into September