Universal Pictures International said it will surpass $1 billion in international box office today. That marks the fastest it has reached the milestone, eclipsing the 2008 record of August 16. It’s the sixth consecutive year Universal has gone past the threshold, this time owing to such movies as Safe House ($77.5M), Dr Seuss’ The Lorax ($99.7M, with nine territories still to open), American Reunion ($177.4M, Battleship ($238M) and Snow White And The Huntsman ($220M). Most recently, the studio’s Ted opened in four territories and has already grossed $32.3Ml and still to come in 2012 are tentpole pics The Bourne Legacy, The Man With The Iron Fists, and Les Miserables.
Universal Passing $1B At Overseas Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
'Game Of Thrones' Maestro George R.R. Martin Gets In Business With Warner Bros. Animation: Studio To Adapt Author's 'The Ice Dragon'
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Rocketman’ Elton John Biopic Tunes Up For Next May; ‘Transformers 7’ Moved Off Calendar & More Paramount…
- ‘Six Billion Dollar Man’ Pushed To Summer 2020 As Pic Looks For New Director; ‘The Shining’ Sequel Finds Date; ‘Godzilla 2’…
- ‘Show Dogs’ Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Roars $185M Promo Campaign, More Than Double 2015 Movie
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Nabs 2nd-Best Tuesday For R-Rated Pic; ‘Infinity War’ 2nd-Fastest To $600M
- ‘Solo’ Could Break $139M Stateside Memorial Day Opening Record; Global Conquest Eyes $305M+