Universal Pictures International said it will surpass $1 billion in international box office today. That marks the fastest it has reached the milestone, eclipsing the 2008 record of August 16. It’s the sixth consecutive year Universal has gone past the threshold, this time owing to such movies as Safe House ($77.5M), Dr Seuss’ The Lorax ($99.7M, with nine territories still to open), American Reunion ($177.4M, Battleship ($238M) and Snow White And The Huntsman ($220M). Most recently, the studio’s Ted opened in four territories and has already grossed $32.3Ml and still to come in 2012 are tentpole pics The Bourne Legacy, The Man With The Iron Fists, and Les Miserables.
Universal Passing $1B At Overseas Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
'A Quiet Place' Still Noisy With $21.7M As 'Rampage' Beats Chest, 'Super Trooper 2' Surprises - Sunday AM Update
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
'Rampage' Rounds $216M Overseas; 'A Quiet Place' Cranks WW Volume To $207M - International Box Office
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Rampage’ Rounds $216M Overseas; ‘A Quiet Place’ Cranks WW Volume To $207M – International…
- 'Ghost Stories' Leads Subdued Weekend For Limited Releases; Holdover 'The Rider' Gallops: Specialty Box Office
- ‘A Quiet Place’ Still Noisy With $21.7M As ‘Rampage’ Beats Chest, ‘Super Trooper 2’ Surprises – Sunday…
- ‘Ready Player One’ Tops $500M Global Box Office, Scores $200M+ In China
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Advance Ticket Sales Records: Fandango’s Best R-Rated Preseller Ever In First 24 Hours
- William Friedkin Revisits Demons With 'The Devil and Father Amorth'; Godard In Focus – Specialty B.O. Preview