Universal Pictures International said it will surpass $1 billion in international box office today. That marks the fastest it has reached the milestone, eclipsing the 2008 record of August 16. It’s the sixth consecutive year Universal has gone past the threshold, this time owing to such movies as Safe House ($77.5M), Dr Seuss’ The Lorax ($99.7M, with nine territories still to open), American Reunion ($177.4M, Battleship ($238M) and Snow White And The Huntsman ($220M). Most recently, the studio’s Ted opened in four territories and has already grossed $32.3Ml and still to come in 2012 are tentpole pics The Bourne Legacy, The Man With The Iron Fists, and Les Miserables.
Universal Passing $1B At Overseas Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest Box Office News
- ‘La La Land’ Bows, Flirts With Oscar; Katie Holmes Directs ‘All We Had’ – Specialty Box…
- ‘Office Christmas Party’ Lights Up Thursday Night B.O.
- ‘The Band’s Visit’, Based On The 2007 Israeli Film, Is The Season’s Best New Musical – Review
- A Movie History First? The Year Might End Without A Flicker Of Reality In The Box-Office Top 10
- Bad Robot’s ‘God Particle’ Off Paramount’s Schedule, ‘Cloverfield’ Sets Fall Date
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Trailer Seizes 100M Views Online