Universal Pictures International said it will surpass $1 billion in international box office today. That marks the fastest it has reached the milestone, eclipsing the 2008 record of August 16. It’s the sixth consecutive year Universal has gone past the threshold, this time owing to such movies as Safe House ($77.5M), Dr Seuss’ The Lorax ($99.7M, with nine territories still to open), American Reunion ($177.4M, Battleship ($238M) and Snow White And The Huntsman ($220M). Most recently, the studio’s Ted opened in four territories and has already grossed $32.3Ml and still to come in 2012 are tentpole pics The Bourne Legacy, The Man With The Iron Fists, and Les Miserables.
Universal Passing $1B At Overseas Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Croods 2’ Back On Dreamworks Animation’s Schedule; Studio Teams With Jason Blum For ‘Spooky Jack’
- ‘It’ Becomes Biggest-Ever September Release With $218.8M As ‘Mother!’ Gets F Report Card & Dismal $7.5M – Monday…
- Broadway Trims Sails, Picks Up Speed As ‘Bandstand’ & ‘Groundhog Day’ Depart
- Disney’s ‘Frozen’, ‘Angels In America’ & Hal Prince: Gerard & Roth On The New Broadway…
- ‘War For The Planet Of The Apes’ Swings To Fox Record In China; Tops $430M WW; ‘It’ Hits $371M – International Box…
- Ben Stiller's 'Brad's Status' Bows Solid – Specialty Box Office