Looks like the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival will get underway with Looper, the futuristic Rian Johnson-directed thriller that start Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Bruce Willis. An official announcement is 90 minutes away, but I’m told this would be the rare scripted non-Canadian film to open the festival. Last year the fest opened with the U2 docu From The Sky Down. We’ll have the 2012 list as soon as we can. (UPDATE: Here it is.) Looper opens September 28 through TriStar for FilmDistrict and Endgame, and while that looked to be a crowded weekend with End Of Watch, that David Ayer film (also at Toronto) is shifting its release date to September 21.
Toronto: 'Looper' To Open Fest, Slate Coming This Morning
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Electric Entertainment To Co-Fi Anthony Hopkins Pic 'Go With Me'
- Jacki Weaver Joins James Franco's 'Zeroville'
- Martin Scorsese & Amir Bar-Lev Truckin' On Grateful Dead Documentary Film
- TWC Acquires April Prosser Script 'Plus One'
- Brad Pitt Squirms 'Between Two Ferns': Video
- Steve Carell, Charlie Kaufman Lock 'I.Q. 83′; Viral Outbreak Dumbs Down World