Looks like the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival will get underway with Looper, the futuristic Rian Johnson-directed thriller that start Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Bruce Willis. An official announcement is 90 minutes away, but I’m told this would be the rare scripted non-Canadian film to open the festival. Last year the fest opened with the U2 docu From The Sky Down. We’ll have the 2012 list as soon as we can. (UPDATE: Here it is.) Looper opens September 28 through TriStar for FilmDistrict and Endgame, and while that looked to be a crowded weekend with End Of Watch, that David Ayer film (also at Toronto) is shifting its release date to September 21.
Toronto: 'Looper' To Open Fest, Slate Coming This Morning
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
Latest Film News
- Huayi Brothers CEO Eyes Expansion Of STX Entertainment Relationship
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Nears $700M WW; ‘Kong’ Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore – International…
- Family-Branded Films On Fire: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Headed To $90M+; ‘Power Rangers’ Mighty…
- Jazz Doc 'I Called Him Morgan' Hits Solid Note; 'Wilson' Walks Slow – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Sing’ Gives Voice To $600M At Worldwide Box Office
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”