Last summer, Glee star Jane Lynch appeared at a tech conference held by the Wall Street Journal‘s All Things Digital. Acting as “temporary head honcho of News Corp,” she described changes she’d be implementing at the company. The first was closing iPad publication The Daily. “Never heard of it, never seen it, so clearly I’ll be shutting that down,” she said. The powers that be may now be taking her advice. The fate of the tablet publication that is said to have losses of about $30M per year, is being weighed by News Corp according to The New York Times and The New York Observer. The Daily was launched with much fanfare in early 2011 after being designed with help from the late Steve Jobs. Although it said in February that it had 100,000 paying subscribers and 250,000 unique readers a month, it has not exactly redefined the news as touted at its introduction. According to The Observer, the status of The Daily will be assessed after the presidential election in November.
Has News Corp Put 'The Daily' On Probation?
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
'A Dog's Purpose' Director Lasse Hallstrom & Voice Actor Josh Gad Upset Over "Disturbing" Video Of Terrified Dog
'Split' And 'xXx' Merge Into Market While 'The Founder' May Get Lost In Heavy Traffic - Box Office Preview
Latest Film News
- People’s Choice Awards: Ellen DeGeneres, Justin Timberlake, ‘Big Bang Theory’ & More
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Director Lasse Hallstrom & Voice Actor Josh Gad Upset Over “Disturbing” Video Of…
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Producer “Horrified” Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott…
- Sundance Women’s March: Connie Britton, Aisha Tyler & Maria Bello Among Speakers
- Fox & DeVon Franklin Set Miracle Tale ‘The Impossible’
- Fox Promotes Salil Mehta To Head Up Newly-Created Gaming & VR Division