Last summer, Glee star Jane Lynch appeared at a tech conference held by the Wall Street Journal‘s All Things Digital. Acting as “temporary head honcho of News Corp,” she described changes she’d be implementing at the company. The first was closing iPad publication The Daily. “Never heard of it, never seen it, so clearly I’ll be shutting that down,” she said. The powers that be may now be taking her advice. The fate of the tablet publication that is said to have losses of about $30M per year, is being weighed by News Corp according to The New York Times and The New York Observer. The Daily was launched with much fanfare in early 2011 after being designed with help from the late Steve Jobs. Although it said in February that it had 100,000 paying subscribers and 250,000 unique readers a month, it has not exactly redefined the news as touted at its introduction. According to The Observer, the status of The Daily will be assessed after the presidential election in November.
Has News Corp Put 'The Daily' On Probation?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest Film News
- UTA Rally: “This Is Our Time To Resist,” Jodie Foster Tells Crowd; Asghar Farhadi Speaks Via Video – Watch
- George Clooney & Jean Dujardin Ding Donald Trump In César Awards Riff
- ‘Get Out’ Star Daniel Kaluuya To Topline Steve McQueen’s ‘Widows’
- Oscar-Nominated Foreign Language Directors Denounce “Climate Of Fanaticism”
- California Explores Expansion of State Tax Credits to Include Incentives for Women and Minorities
- Warren Beatty & Faye Dunaway Among Final Round Of Oscar Presenters