Last summer, Glee star Jane Lynch appeared at a tech conference held by the Wall Street Journal‘s All Things Digital. Acting as “temporary head honcho of News Corp,” she described changes she’d be implementing at the company. The first was closing iPad publication The Daily. “Never heard of it, never seen it, so clearly I’ll be shutting that down,” she said. The powers that be may now be taking her advice. The fate of the tablet publication that is said to have losses of about $30M per year, is being weighed by News Corp according to The New York Times and The New York Observer. The Daily was launched with much fanfare in early 2011 after being designed with help from the late Steve Jobs. Although it said in February that it had 100,000 paying subscribers and 250,000 unique readers a month, it has not exactly redefined the news as touted at its introduction. According to The Observer, the status of The Daily will be assessed after the presidential election in November.
Has News Corp Put 'The Daily' On Probation?
What's Hot on Deadline
Veteran ‘Criminal Minds’, Comedies 'Life In Pieces' & ‘Kevin Can Wait’ Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
'The Equalizer 2' Trailer: Denzel Washington Returns As Justice-Seeker In Antoine Fuqua Action Thriller
Cannes Adds Lars Von Trier, Whitney Houston Doc, Michael B. Jordan Sci-Fi, Terry Gilliam's 'Don Quixote', More
Latest Film News
- ‘Tully’ Director Jason Reitman On Working With Charlize Theron & Diablo Cody: ‘We’re Strangely Writing This Diary Together…
- Bill Cosby Trial Could Be Sent To Jury Early Next Week
- ‘Songwriter’ Director Murray Cummings On Evolution In Ed Sheeran’s Songwriting Process…
- Peter Bart: Scaling Up Through Mergers No Fun Anymore For Moguls
- Ethan Hawke & Noomi Rapace Learn True Meaning Of ‘Stockholm’ Syndrome — Tribeca Studio
- ‘Old Man & The Gun’ Gets Release Date From Fox Searchlight