Last summer, Glee star Jane Lynch appeared at a tech conference held by the Wall Street Journal‘s All Things Digital. Acting as “temporary head honcho of News Corp,” she described changes she’d be implementing at the company. The first was closing iPad publication The Daily. “Never heard of it, never seen it, so clearly I’ll be shutting that down,” she said. The powers that be may now be taking her advice. The fate of the tablet publication that is said to have losses of about $30M per year, is being weighed by News Corp according to The New York Times and The New York Observer. The Daily was launched with much fanfare in early 2011 after being designed with help from the late Steve Jobs. Although it said in February that it had 100,000 paying subscribers and 250,000 unique readers a month, it has not exactly redefined the news as touted at its introduction. According to The Observer, the status of The Daily will be assessed after the presidential election in November.
Has News Corp Put 'The Daily' On Probation?
What's Hot on Deadline
Allison Shearmur Funeral Service Set For Monday: Pals Pay Tribute To Late Tastemaking Studio Executive & Producer
January Slows As 'Jumanji' Takes No. 1 For 3rd Weekend With $19M+; Older Guy Pics '12 Strong' & 'Den Of Thieves' In Mid Teens
Latest Film News
- Deadline And Women In Film’s ‘The Road To 50/50’ Panel – Sundance Livestream
- Exclusive First Look At Hot Sundance Sales Title ‘Burden’
- Allison Shearmur Funeral Service Set For Monday: Pals Pay Tribute To Late Tastemaking Studio Executive & Producer
- ‘Project Cre8’: BET’s Nationwide Search For America’s Undiscovered Filmmaker Open For Submissions
- Deadline Studio at Sundance 2018 – Day 1 – Paul Rudd, Jane Fonda, Gus Van Sant, Andrea Riseborough, Ted Danson…
- Marc Munden To Helm ‘The Secret Garden’ For David Heyman & Studiocanal