Arnon Goldfinger’s The Flat won the editing award at this year’s Tribeca Film Festival as well as the Israeli Academy Award for best documentary. It follows the director as he cleans out the Tel Aviv apartment of his recently deceased grandmother, who lived there for decades after fleeing Nazi Germany in the 1930s. A complicated, troubled and taboo family history is revealed in the process. Sundance Selects plans an October 19 theatrical release. “Goldfinger is able to take us on a remarkable journey through history and gives us a truly unique look at the way different generations viewed the holocaust”, Sundance Selects/IFC Films president Jonathan Sehring said. “This is one of the year’s great documentary discoveries, and we are thrilled to work with Arnon and [producer] Thomas Kufus to bring this to the largest possible audience.”
Sundance Selects Acquires Doc 'The Flat'
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'Split' Soars To Mid-$30M After Solid $2M Start; 'xXx,' $1.2M, 'Founder,' $105K In Previews As 'Hidden Figures' Stays Strong - Friday - UPDATE
Hollywood Reacts To Trump Inauguration: "Country Is Lost", Tweets Alec Baldwin; Scott Baio Proud To Be "Deplorable"
Obama Can't Stop Speechifying As President Trump Signs First Bill, Forcing TV Networks To Make Choices
Latest Film News
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Producer & Author After Seeing Full Tape: Dog Was Not In Danger
- Common Joins Sundance Pic ‘Burning Sands’ As EP, Will Contribute Original Song
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: The Lull Before The Oscar Storm; Katzenberg Gets Nostalgic; Gosling Wows SAG Again…
- He’s Back! James Cameron To Godfather ‘Terminator’ With ‘Deadpool’ Helmer Tim Miller
- Ted Sarandos On Netflix In The Age Of Donald Trump & What’s Next – Sundance Studio
- ‘Band Aid’ Sundance Clip: Zoe Lister-Jones & Adam Pally Turn A Couple’s Grief Into Song