Arnon Goldfinger’s The Flat won the editing award at this year’s Tribeca Film Festival as well as the Israeli Academy Award for best documentary. It follows the director as he cleans out the Tel Aviv apartment of his recently deceased grandmother, who lived there for decades after fleeing Nazi Germany in the 1930s. A complicated, troubled and taboo family history is revealed in the process. Sundance Selects plans an October 19 theatrical release. “Goldfinger is able to take us on a remarkable journey through history and gives us a truly unique look at the way different generations viewed the holocaust”, Sundance Selects/IFC Films president Jonathan Sehring said. “This is one of the year’s great documentary discoveries, and we are thrilled to work with Arnon and [producer] Thomas Kufus to bring this to the largest possible audience.”
Sundance Selects Acquires Doc 'The Flat'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
'Marvel's The Defenders' Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series - Comic-Con
From ‘Fauda’s Assaf Bernstein On ‘Rose Madder' To ‘The Shining’ Onstage: What’s Behind Stephen King’s Hollywood Renaissance?
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
Latest Film News
- Pamela Adlon Joins Cast Of ‘Transformers’ Spinoff ‘Bumblebee’
- ‘Justice League’ Trailer: Wonder Woman Saves School Children, But Is Superman Still Alive? – Comic-Con
- Ben Affleck Refutes ‘Batman’ Exit Rumor: “So Thrilled To Do It” – Comic-Con
- ‘Aquaman’ & Jason Momoa Rock In Comic-Con Presentation
- ‘Blade Runner 2049’: New Footage Shown; Harrison Ford Says His Goal Is To Reboot Franchises – Comic-Con
- Steven Spielberg Shows Off First ‘Ready Player One’ Footage At Comic-Con – Watch