Arnon Goldfinger’s The Flat won the editing award at this year’s Tribeca Film Festival as well as the Israeli Academy Award for best documentary. It follows the director as he cleans out the Tel Aviv apartment of his recently deceased grandmother, who lived there for decades after fleeing Nazi Germany in the 1930s. A complicated, troubled and taboo family history is revealed in the process. Sundance Selects plans an October 19 theatrical release. “Goldfinger is able to take us on a remarkable journey through history and gives us a truly unique look at the way different generations viewed the holocaust”, Sundance Selects/IFC Films president Jonathan Sehring said. “This is one of the year’s great documentary discoveries, and we are thrilled to work with Arnon and [producer] Thomas Kufus to bring this to the largest possible audience.”
Sundance Selects Acquires Doc 'The Flat'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
Latest Film News
- Oscar-Winning Producer Dan Jinks Says Let’s Snub The Snubs – Guest Column
- Magnolia Picks Up Gustav Möller’s ‘The Guilty’ After Sundance Bow
- Ari Aster, Writer-Director Of Sundance Midnight Pic ‘Hereditary’, Inks With WME
- Kevin Spacey Costs Netflix $39 Million In Write-Downs In Fourth Quarter
- ‘The Long Dumb Road’: Jason Mantzoukas Discovers Some Mindblowing Details About The ‘Fast & Furious’ Pics…
- Ryan Reynolds’ Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is ‘Clue’ With ‘Deadpool’ Scribes Reese…