Arnon Goldfinger’s The Flat won the editing award at this year’s Tribeca Film Festival as well as the Israeli Academy Award for best documentary. It follows the director as he cleans out the Tel Aviv apartment of his recently deceased grandmother, who lived there for decades after fleeing Nazi Germany in the 1930s. A complicated, troubled and taboo family history is revealed in the process. Sundance Selects plans an October 19 theatrical release. “Goldfinger is able to take us on a remarkable journey through history and gives us a truly unique look at the way different generations viewed the holocaust”, Sundance Selects/IFC Films president Jonathan Sehring said. “This is one of the year’s great documentary discoveries, and we are thrilled to work with Arnon and [producer] Thomas Kufus to bring this to the largest possible audience.”
Sundance Selects Acquires Doc 'The Flat'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Morgan Freeman “Devastated” Over Allegations, Says “I Did Not Assault Women” In New Statement
- Conan O’Brien Casts Roger Ailes Movie: Who Will Gary Sinise Or Mick Jagger Play?
- ‘Sesame Street’ Bosses Grouchy With STX Over Melissa McCarthy Flick ‘Happytime Murders’
- ‘American Exit’ Picked Up For Distribution By Lionsgate, Grindstone Entertainment
- Haley Bennett-Starring ‘Swallow’ Rounds Out Cast
- Netflix And Telefónica Confirm Their Partnership On Twitter