EXCLUSIVE: There’s been Ed Helms, Rob Corddry, Lewis Black and of course Steve Carell, and now Aasif Mandvi looks to be the next Daily Show With Jon Stewart correspondent to make the leap to the big screen. Mandvi is joining Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson in The Internship. He will play Mr. Chetty, the tough head of the internship program Vaughn and Wilson’s characters enlist in as they try to reinvent their dead-end careers. Shawn Levy is directing, and JoAnna Garcia also co-stars. Besides being on Comedy Central’s The Daily Show since 2006, Mandvi sold a series to CBS last year and appeared in Sasha Baron Cohen’s The Dictator as well as the financial-crisis drama Margin Call with Kevin Spacey and Jeremy Irons. He also appears in the just-released indie Ruby Sparks and is set to appear as the lead in Ayad Akntar’s play Disgraced at Lincoln Center’s LCT 3 Theatre. Mandvi is repped by ICM Partners and Sweet 180.
'The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi Joins 'The Internship'
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah Fracas "Much Ado About Nothing," Millennials Get Him, Says Aasif Mandvi, Quoting 451-Year-Old Playwright
Latest Film News
- Exit Hugh Jackman, Enter Josephine Baker: Cush Jumbo’s Changing Times
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Electric Entertainment Taps Craig Gates; Tyler Ross Books ‘Officer Downe’
- Relativity Picks Up Eric Bress’ Spec ‘American Drifter’