EXCLUSIVE: There’s been Ed Helms, Rob Corddry, Lewis Black and of course Steve Carell, and now Aasif Mandvi looks to be the next Daily Show With Jon Stewart correspondent to make the leap to the big screen. Mandvi is joining Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson in The Internship. He will play Mr. Chetty, the tough head of the internship program Vaughn and Wilson’s characters enlist in as they try to reinvent their dead-end careers. Shawn Levy is directing, and JoAnna Garcia also co-stars. Besides being on Comedy Central’s The Daily Show since 2006, Mandvi sold a series to CBS last year and appeared in Sasha Baron Cohen’s The Dictator as well as the financial-crisis drama Margin Call with Kevin Spacey and Jeremy Irons. He also appears in the just-released indie Ruby Sparks and is set to appear as the lead in Ayad Akntar’s play Disgraced at Lincoln Center’s LCT 3 Theatre. Mandvi is repped by ICM Partners and Sweet 180.
'The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi Joins 'The Internship'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy’ Nabs…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest