EXCLUSIVE: There’s been Ed Helms, Rob Corddry, Lewis Black and of course Steve Carell, and now Aasif Mandvi looks to be the next Daily Show With Jon Stewart correspondent to make the leap to the big screen. Mandvi is joining Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson in The Internship. He will play Mr. Chetty, the tough head of the internship program Vaughn and Wilson’s characters enlist in as they try to reinvent their dead-end careers. Shawn Levy is directing, and JoAnna Garcia also co-stars. Besides being on Comedy Central’s The Daily Show since 2006, Mandvi sold a series to CBS last year and appeared in Sasha Baron Cohen’s The Dictator as well as the financial-crisis drama Margin Call with Kevin Spacey and Jeremy Irons. He also appears in the just-released indie Ruby Sparks and is set to appear as the lead in Ayad Akntar’s play Disgraced at Lincoln Center’s LCT 3 Theatre. Mandvi is repped by ICM Partners and Sweet 180.
'The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi Joins 'The Internship'
What's Hot on Deadline
'It' Becoming Biggest Horror Pic Ever Beating 'The Exorcist'; 'Annabelle: Creation' Scares Up $100M+
September B.O. Booming To Near All-Time $700M Record As 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' & 'Lego Ninjago' Enter Fall Fray
Latest Film News
- Animation Is Film Festival Announces Full Slate
- Women’s Media Summit Calls For Boycott Of Movies That Snub Female Filmmakers
- ‘Star Wars’: Ron Howard Teases “Spicey” Set From Han Solo Film
- Bernie Casey Dies: ‘Revenge Of The Nerds And ‘I’m Gonna Git You Sucka’ Actor Was 78
- ‘Escape Plan 3’: Dave Bautista, Max Zhang & More Join Sylvester Stallone For Sequel — UPDATE
- If ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Brings A Movie Laugh, It Won’t Be A Minute Too Soon