EXCLUSIVE: Universal‘s Ted will have a slow international rollout. But studios sources tell me that during just three days of previews in Australia its Seth MacFarlane-Mark Wahlberg comedy grossed an estimated $4.485 million at 199 locations (with only 2 day and 2 evening sessions at best). “This is off the charts and the biggest preview business Australia has ever seen,” the exec says. For context, Fox‘s Ice Age 4: Continental Divide is estimated to have grossed $4.85 in Australia for four days in official release at 280 locations. (Fox passed on Ted even though MacFarlane is BMOC at 20th TV and FBC.) Ted opens next weekend in Australia officially and Taiwan.
'Ted' Opens 'Off The Charts' In Australia
What's Hot on Deadline
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
'The Fighter' Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City's Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Film News
- Pinewood Studios In $425 Million Takeover Deal With U.S. Property Fund Venus Grafton
- Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz…
- Comedy Pic ‘Poms’ In Works With Sierra/Affinity Aboard
- ‘The Fighter’ Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City’s Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
- New Line Sets Sequel To Fright Sensation 'Lights Out'
- Anne Heche Plays Killer’s Mom In ‘My Friend Dahmer’