EXCLUSIVE: Universal‘s Ted will have a slow international rollout. But studios sources tell me that during just three days of previews in Australia its Seth MacFarlane-Mark Wahlberg comedy grossed an estimated $4.485 million at 199 locations (with only 2 day and 2 evening sessions at best). “This is off the charts and the biggest preview business Australia has ever seen,” the exec says. For context, Fox‘s Ice Age 4: Continental Divide is estimated to have grossed $4.85 in Australia for four days in official release at 280 locations. (Fox passed on Ted even though MacFarlane is BMOC at 20th TV and FBC.) Ted opens next weekend in Australia officially and Taiwan.
'Ted' Opens 'Off The Charts' In Australia
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest Film News
- China’s Puji Capital Invests In Peter Guber’s Mandalay Endurance
- Patty Jenkins In Final Negotiations On Historic Deal To Helm ‘Wonder Woman 2’
- Ryan Kavanaugh Sued For Fraud By Relativity Investor
- Eric Zumbrunnen Dies: Spike Jonze’s Go-To Film Editor Was 52
- Michael B. Jordan, Jennifer Yuh Nelson Plot ‘A Bittersweet Life’ For Fox & 21 Laps
- UTA Signs DeWanda Wise, Star Of Spike Lee Series ‘She's Gotta Have It’