Taken 2 reteams Liam Neeson and producer/co-writer Luc Besson from the first pic, which earned $145M domestically and $226.8M globally for Fox when it burst on the scene in 2009. This one sees the bad guys come after Neeson’s family (daughter Maggie Grace and wife Famke Janssen) after he killed one of the evildoers while rescuing his daughter in Paris the first time. Olivier Megaton takes over directing duties from original helmer Pierre Morel. Fox releases the sequel October 5.
Hot Trailer: 'Taken 2'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- A+E Study: Disabling VOD Fast-Forward Is Good For Advertisers — And Viewers
- Adam McKay, Seth Rogen Board Ben Schwartz Untitled Comedy
- JC Chandor Pic 'A Most Violent Year Gets New Year's Eve Release
- Paramount Sets Chris Rock's Toronto Biggie 'Top Five' For December Release
- Robert Downey Jr. & Judi Dench Among BAFTA LA Britannia Awards Honorees
- Shine International Taps Ted Bookstaver SVP Head Of Americas