EXCLUSIVE: Susan Sarandon will voice the role of Barb the Angel in ShadowMachine‘s R-rated stop-motion comedy Hell & Back, which stars Nick Swardson and TJ Miller as buddies who must rescue their pal who has been accidentally dragged to Hell. Jennifer Coolidge and Maria Bamford also have been added to the voice cast, which already includes Mila Kunis, Bob Odenkirk, and Rob Riggle. The animated comedy is now in production. Tommy Gianas and Ross Shuman are directing and Hugh Sterbakov did the most current rewrite on the pic for ShadowMachine, which is branching into feature films after success with its stop-motion animation series Robot Chicken and Moral Orel on Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim. . Sarandon recently completed the Wachowskis’ Cloud Atlas opposite Tom Hanks, and her upcoming films include Lionsgate’s The Big Wedding with Robert De Niro and Katherine Heigl, and Robot & Frank starring Frank Langella. She and Coolidge are repped by ICM Partners; Bamford is repped by Omnipop Talent Group.
Susan Sarandon Joins 'Hell & Back' Voice Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Not Enough To Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
- Iran & France Praise Asghar Farhadi’s Foreign Language Oscar Win (& Boycott)
- Rose Garnett Named BBC Films Chief
- Another Oscars Gaffe: Image Of Living Australian Producer Mistakenly Used During In Memoriam Segment
- Viola Davis & Mahershala Ali’s Oscar Wins Prove Successful Film & TV Careers Can Co-Exist
- Oscar’s Best Picture Screwup: The Real Story, As Pricewaterhouse Takes Blame