EXCLUSIVE: Susan Sarandon will voice the role of Barb the Angel in ShadowMachine‘s R-rated stop-motion comedy Hell & Back, which stars Nick Swardson and TJ Miller as buddies who must rescue their pal who has been accidentally dragged to Hell. Jennifer Coolidge and Maria Bamford also have been added to the voice cast, which already includes Mila Kunis, Bob Odenkirk, and Rob Riggle. The animated comedy is now in production. Tommy Gianas and Ross Shuman are directing and Hugh Sterbakov did the most current rewrite on the pic for ShadowMachine, which is branching into feature films after success with its stop-motion animation series Robot Chicken and Moral Orel on Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim. . Sarandon recently completed the Wachowskis’ Cloud Atlas opposite Tom Hanks, and her upcoming films include Lionsgate’s The Big Wedding with Robert De Niro and Katherine Heigl, and Robot & Frank starring Frank Langella. She and Coolidge are repped by ICM Partners; Bamford is repped by Omnipop Talent Group.
Susan Sarandon Joins 'Hell & Back' Voice Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest Film News
- ‘Transformers’ Around $65M In Five-Day Domestic Opening, Lowest In Series – Friday Night Update
- Mad Max In Barstow? Man Channeling The Action Character Arrested For Illegal Weapons
- Bradley Cooper Films ‘A Star Is Born’ Scene At Glastonbury; Johnny Depp Makes Encore Appearance
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China – International Box Office
- ‘The Beguiled’ Review: Sofia Coppola’s Female-Driven Civil War Story Ratchets Up The Sexual Tension