EXCLUSIVE: Susan Sarandon will voice the role of Barb the Angel in ShadowMachine‘s R-rated stop-motion comedy Hell & Back, which stars Nick Swardson and TJ Miller as buddies who must rescue their pal who has been accidentally dragged to Hell. Jennifer Coolidge and Maria Bamford also have been added to the voice cast, which already includes Mila Kunis, Bob Odenkirk, and Rob Riggle. The animated comedy is now in production. Tommy Gianas and Ross Shuman are directing and Hugh Sterbakov did the most current rewrite on the pic for ShadowMachine, which is branching into feature films after success with its stop-motion animation series Robot Chicken and Moral Orel on Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim. . Sarandon recently completed the Wachowskis’ Cloud Atlas opposite Tom Hanks, and her upcoming films include Lionsgate’s The Big Wedding with Robert De Niro and Katherine Heigl, and Robot & Frank starring Frank Langella. She and Coolidge are repped by ICM Partners; Bamford is repped by Omnipop Talent Group.
Susan Sarandon Joins 'Hell & Back' Voice Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- Marketing Presidency Shake-Up At Open Road (Again) As Jonathan Helfgot Heads To Fox
- Warner Bros To Build Gotham City & Metropolis For $1B Abu Dhabi Theme Park
- WGA Contract Talks Resume Today After Hiatus
- Lena Khan Comedy ‘The Tiger Hunter’ Acquired For Distribution By Shout! Factory
- Cannes: Will Smith, Fan Bingbing, Paolo Sorrentino Join Festival Jury
- ‘Transformers’ Tom DeSanto, China’s CITIC Guoan Pact On Co-Productions