For the first time, Sundance Channel will be available in Thailand via a deal with TrueVisions, the country’s largest pay-TV operator. AMC/Sundance Channel Global made the announcement today along with a deal for Sundance On-Demand, which will debut in China on Shanghai Media Group’s BesTV. Indie films will go out via BesTV with SMG also making Sundance VOD offerings available on its TV Everywhere service. Sundance Channel has also expanded its presence in Europe with an on-demand offering on Belgium’s Belgacom and via an exclusive VOD rights deal for Mad Men in France via Numéricable. Sundance’s presence in Europe and Asia has seen recent growth with network launches in Taiwan, Korea, the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Poland, Portugal and Hungary and a TV Everywhere launch in Spain.
Sundance Channel Heads To Thailand, Expands In China, Europe
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'
- Annabelle Wallis Joins Armie Hammer In Psychological Thriller 'Mine'
- Scotland Votes To Remain In The UK: Political Changes Loom, Effect On Film & TV Biz Uncertain
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward