For the first time, Sundance Channel will be available in Thailand via a deal with TrueVisions, the country’s largest pay-TV operator. AMC/Sundance Channel Global made the announcement today along with a deal for Sundance On-Demand, which will debut in China on Shanghai Media Group’s BesTV. Indie films will go out via BesTV with SMG also making Sundance VOD offerings available on its TV Everywhere service. Sundance Channel has also expanded its presence in Europe with an on-demand offering on Belgium’s Belgacom and via an exclusive VOD rights deal for Mad Men in France via Numéricable. Sundance’s presence in Europe and Asia has seen recent growth with network launches in Taiwan, Korea, the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Poland, Portugal and Hungary and a TV Everywhere launch in Spain.
Sundance Channel Heads To Thailand, Expands In China, Europe
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs Chinese Web Giant Youku Launches Heyi Film; eOne Acquires 'Seed' Producer Force Four; More
- Venice: Lido Digs Story Of Charlie Chaplin Graverobbers 'The Price Of Fame'
- World Film Community Joins Hands In Support Of Shuttered Beijing Festival
- Venice: 'Act Of Killing' Follow-Up 'The Look Of Silence' Makes Noise On The Lido (Video)
- Hot Trailer: Omar Sy As 'Samba' In 'Intouchables' Helmers' Latest
- Protagonist Makes Key Hires; Kickstarts U.S. Production/Acquisition Activities