For the first time, Sundance Channel will be available in Thailand via a deal with TrueVisions, the country’s largest pay-TV operator. AMC/Sundance Channel Global made the announcement today along with a deal for Sundance On-Demand, which will debut in China on Shanghai Media Group’s BesTV. Indie films will go out via BesTV with SMG also making Sundance VOD offerings available on its TV Everywhere service. Sundance Channel has also expanded its presence in Europe with an on-demand offering on Belgium’s Belgacom and via an exclusive VOD rights deal for Mad Men in France via Numéricable. Sundance’s presence in Europe and Asia has seen recent growth with network launches in Taiwan, Korea, the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Poland, Portugal and Hungary and a TV Everywhere launch in Spain.
Sundance Channel Heads To Thailand, Expands In China, Europe
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Tartaglione
- Aamir Khan's 'PK' Bests His 'Dhoom 3′ In Record U.S. Bow For Bollywood (Video)
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: 'Force Majeure', 'Ida' In; 'White God', 'Mommy' Miss Cut
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3