Studiocanal will release José Padilha’s RoboCop in the UK, France and Germany in 2013. MGM and Sony’s reboot of the futuristic 1987 flick stars Joel Kinnaman, Gary Oldman and Samuel L. Jackson. Story follows a Detroit cop who’s rebuilt after being critically injured in the line of duty and returns to the force as a cyborg. Strike Entertainment’s Marc Abraham and Eric Newman are producers with Bill Carraro as executive producer. Studiocanal, which released Padilha’s breakout, Elite Squad, acquired the rights for 20 years. Deal covers theatrical, VOD and TV, with certain limited exceptions.
Studiocanal Acquires 'RoboCop' For Its European Distribution Network
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $180M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Shake-Up At 'Duck Dynasty' Producer Gurney Productions: Founders Placed On "Temporary Leave Of Absence"
Latest Film News
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Actor Peter Vaughan Dies At The Age Of 93
- Roman Polanski Cannot Be Extradited To U.S.; Polish Supreme Court’s Final Ruling
- Twitter Year-End Numbers: Top Trending TV Shows, Movies & More
- ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Bests $600M WW; ‘Moana’ Mints $180M; ‘Doctor Strange’ Ices ‘Deadpool’, ‘Iron Man 2’ – Intl…
- Note To Oscar Host Jimmy Kimmel: Johnny Carson’s Suit Patterns Are Up For Sale
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Trailer: Watch Optimus Prime Do Some Heavy Duty Transforming