Studiocanal will release José Padilha’s RoboCop in the UK, France and Germany in 2013. MGM and Sony’s reboot of the futuristic 1987 flick stars Joel Kinnaman, Gary Oldman and Samuel L. Jackson. Story follows a Detroit cop who’s rebuilt after being critically injured in the line of duty and returns to the force as a cyborg. Strike Entertainment’s Marc Abraham and Eric Newman are producers with Bill Carraro as executive producer. Studiocanal, which released Padilha’s breakout, Elite Squad, acquired the rights for 20 years. Deal covers theatrical, VOD and TV, with certain limited exceptions.
Studiocanal Acquires 'RoboCop' For Its European Distribution Network
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Eyeing $95M-$100M Opening Day After Thursday Night Previews Hit $45M - Update
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Denies Peter Jackson’s Assertion He Blacklisted Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino
- ‘The Shape Of Water’s’ Guillermo Del Toro Ranks His Favorite Del Toro Films, But Says “I Would Die For Each Of My 10 Movies”…
- Tyson Ritter Cast In ‘Peppermint’, ‘Gloria’ & More
- Disney-Fox Deal: 5,000 To 10,000 Jobs Will Likely Be Shed: Analyst
- Star Wars? Bill Pullman, Jim Caviezel & Kathy Baker Team For 'The Ballad of Lefty Brown' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Look Out For The Fitzgerald-Trouts’ Book In Works As Film; ‘Mad Men’ Writer To Adapt