Studiocanal will release José Padilha’s RoboCop in the UK, France and Germany in 2013. MGM and Sony’s reboot of the futuristic 1987 flick stars Joel Kinnaman, Gary Oldman and Samuel L. Jackson. Story follows a Detroit cop who’s rebuilt after being critically injured in the line of duty and returns to the force as a cyborg. Strike Entertainment’s Marc Abraham and Eric Newman are producers with Bill Carraro as executive producer. Studiocanal, which released Padilha’s breakout, Elite Squad, acquired the rights for 20 years. Deal covers theatrical, VOD and TV, with certain limited exceptions.
Studiocanal Acquires 'RoboCop' For Its European Distribution Network
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Latest Film News
- China Film Bureau Names Wang Xiaohui As New Head Of Department
- James Bond 25 Sets Distribution: Universal Wins International, MGM Releases Domestic Through Annapurna Joint Venture
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Review: Han, Chewy & Lando Save The Day In Rip-Roarin’ Origin Story
- Harvey Weinstein Expected To Do Perp Walk Friday When He Surrenders To NYPD
- Lobo Sebastian Cast In ‘The Mule & ‘Words On Bathroom Walls’; Martha Kelly Joins ‘Corporate Animals…
- ‘Star Wars’ Boba Fett Spinoff Said To Be Back On Track With James Mangold