Studiocanal will release José Padilha’s RoboCop in the UK, France and Germany in 2013. MGM and Sony’s reboot of the futuristic 1987 flick stars Joel Kinnaman, Gary Oldman and Samuel L. Jackson. Story follows a Detroit cop who’s rebuilt after being critically injured in the line of duty and returns to the force as a cyborg. Strike Entertainment’s Marc Abraham and Eric Newman are producers with Bill Carraro as executive producer. Studiocanal, which released Padilha’s breakout, Elite Squad, acquired the rights for 20 years. Deal covers theatrical, VOD and TV, with certain limited exceptions.
Studiocanal Acquires 'RoboCop' For Its European Distribution Network
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Only The Brave’: The Incredible Story Of Heroism And The Serendipity That Propelled The Film About The Granite Mountain…
- Channing Tatum Pulls ‘Forgive Me’ Film Project From The Weinstein Co.
- Johnny Depp Hits Ex-Lawyer With $30M Malpractice Suit While Fighting Ex-Biz Managers
- Los Angeles On-Location Filming Falls For Third Quarter In A Row
- Kevin Smith To Donate Dividends From Weinstein-Made Movies To Women In Film
- Los Angeles Film Festival Moving To Fall Starting In 2018