Studiocanal will release José Padilha’s RoboCop in the UK, France and Germany in 2013. MGM and Sony’s reboot of the futuristic 1987 flick stars Joel Kinnaman, Gary Oldman and Samuel L. Jackson. Story follows a Detroit cop who’s rebuilt after being critically injured in the line of duty and returns to the force as a cyborg. Strike Entertainment’s Marc Abraham and Eric Newman are producers with Bill Carraro as executive producer. Studiocanal, which released Padilha’s breakout, Elite Squad, acquired the rights for 20 years. Deal covers theatrical, VOD and TV, with certain limited exceptions.
Studiocanal Acquires 'RoboCop' For Its European Distribution Network
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Rome Film Festival Reveals First 5 English-Language Titles; Soda Pictures Bringing 'Phoenix' To UK; More
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC's Hugh Bonneville Starrer 'W1A' Back For Season 2; Denmark's TDC Group Paying $2.15B For Norwegian…