Studiocanal will release José Padilha’s RoboCop in the UK, France and Germany in 2013. MGM and Sony’s reboot of the futuristic 1987 flick stars Joel Kinnaman, Gary Oldman and Samuel L. Jackson. Story follows a Detroit cop who’s rebuilt after being critically injured in the line of duty and returns to the force as a cyborg. Strike Entertainment’s Marc Abraham and Eric Newman are producers with Bill Carraro as executive producer. Studiocanal, which released Padilha’s breakout, Elite Squad, acquired the rights for 20 years. Deal covers theatrical, VOD and TV, with certain limited exceptions.
Studiocanal Acquires 'RoboCop' For Its European Distribution Network
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- Directors Guild Hails Jonathan Demme As “Iconic” & “Groundbreaking”
- Abramorama Acquires ‘Hare Krishna!’ Documentary & Releases Trailer
- Netflix Seeks French Compromise For Its Cannes Films As Local Industry Takes Sides
- Tony Vinciquerra & Sony: No Offer To Anyone Yet On CEO Post
- Red Granite Co-President Christian Mercuri Launching Capstone Group Ahead Of Cannes
- Anika Noni Rose Options ‘Shadowshaper’ YA Fantasy Series For Film & TV