Studiocanal will release José Padilha’s RoboCop in the UK, France and Germany in 2013. MGM and Sony’s reboot of the futuristic 1987 flick stars Joel Kinnaman, Gary Oldman and Samuel L. Jackson. Story follows a Detroit cop who’s rebuilt after being critically injured in the line of duty and returns to the force as a cyborg. Strike Entertainment’s Marc Abraham and Eric Newman are producers with Bill Carraro as executive producer. Studiocanal, which released Padilha’s breakout, Elite Squad, acquired the rights for 20 years. Deal covers theatrical, VOD and TV, with certain limited exceptions.
Studiocanal Acquires 'RoboCop' For Its European Distribution Network
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Boss David Abraham Says UK TV Biz Showing U.S. How It's Done
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Orders North Korea Political Thriller By Matt Charman
- Edinburgh: Judi Dench & More Join Benedict Cumberbatch In BBC Two's 'Richard III'
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Joins Acquisition Bandwagon With Stakes In 4 Indies
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC Unveils 'Doctor Who' Web Series; 'Coronation Street' & 'Emmerdale' Staying On Aussie TV Into 2020
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Tom Cruise, 'Edge Of Tomorrow' Score Japan Cool Prizes; Bloomsbury Set Circled For 'Life In Squares'