Studiocanal will release José Padilha’s RoboCop in the UK, France and Germany in 2013. MGM and Sony’s reboot of the futuristic 1987 flick stars Joel Kinnaman, Gary Oldman and Samuel L. Jackson. Story follows a Detroit cop who’s rebuilt after being critically injured in the line of duty and returns to the force as a cyborg. Strike Entertainment’s Marc Abraham and Eric Newman are producers with Bill Carraro as executive producer. Studiocanal, which released Padilha’s breakout, Elite Squad, acquired the rights for 20 years. Deal covers theatrical, VOD and TV, with certain limited exceptions.
Studiocanal Acquires 'RoboCop' For Its European Distribution Network
What's Hot on Deadline
Gary Oldman Spent 200 Hours In Make-Up Chair To Become Winston Churchill In 'Darkest Hour' -- CinemaCon
Christopher Nolan Shows Off 'Dunkirk,' Says “The Only Way To Carry You Through” The Film Is At A Theater – CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs Gets Pioneer Of The Year Award, Urges Diversity And Inclusion – CinemaCon
- WGA Says It’s Ready To Return To Bargaining Table – Update
- ‘Justice League’, ‘Wonder Woman’ & ‘Aquaman’ Fire Up Audience For Warner Bros…
- Fright Franchise ‘Five Nights At Freddy’s’ Blumhouse-Bound?
- Christopher Nolan Shows Off ‘Dunkirk,’ Says "The Only Way To Carry You Through" The Film Is At A Theater…
- ‘Annabelle 2’ Now Titled ‘Annabelle: Creation’ – CinemaCon