Studiocanal will release José Padilha’s RoboCop in the UK, France and Germany in 2013. MGM and Sony’s reboot of the futuristic 1987 flick stars Joel Kinnaman, Gary Oldman and Samuel L. Jackson. Story follows a Detroit cop who’s rebuilt after being critically injured in the line of duty and returns to the force as a cyborg. Strike Entertainment’s Marc Abraham and Eric Newman are producers with Bill Carraro as executive producer. Studiocanal, which released Padilha’s breakout, Elite Squad, acquired the rights for 20 years. Deal covers theatrical, VOD and TV, with certain limited exceptions.
Studiocanal Acquires 'RoboCop' For Its European Distribution Network
What's Hot on Deadline
'Downton Abbey' Finale: Exec Producer Gareth Neame On Allen Leech & Lily James' Future, Season 7 & That Proposal
More From Tartaglione
- Maggie Smith Hints At ‘Downton Abbey’ Departure
- Combined Endemol Shine Distribution Entity Gets Name; Exec Team Outlined
- Auds Check Into ‘Marigold Hotel 2′; ‘Grey’ Bound To Top Spot: Intl Box Office Update
- ’50 Shades’ Now Uni’s Biggest R-Rated Film Overseas; Nears $500M Global B.O.
- Darrin Prescott & Wade Allen ‘Live!’ In Feature Helming Debut For The Solution
- ‘Spectre’ Director Sam Mendes On Why He Came Back To Bond After ‘Skyfall’