Stephan Gaghan has signed a pod deal with Fox 21 to create cable series for the production company. The agreement, which runs until June 2014, will see the writer-directer create, write and produce new projects as well as oversee other writers on new and possibly existing projects for the company. “Stephen has literally been my No. 1 target since I came to this job two years ago, but this deal is first and foremost about Stephen creating his signature show,” Fox 21 president Bert Salke said today. Gaghan wrote the Oscar-winning script for Steven Soderbergh’s Traffic. He also directed and wrote the 2005 geopolitical drama Syriana starring George Clooney. Gaghan also wrote the screenplay for the upcoming After Earth, staring Will Smith; the M. Night Shyamalan pic comes out June 13, 2013. Gaghan previously had a deal with 20th Century Fox TV that expired earlier this year. The pact with Fox 21 will not impede Gaghan’s ability to write and direct future features. He is repped by CAA and lawyer Steven Warren.
Stephen Gaghan Inks Pod Deal With Fox 21
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
'Baby Driver' Starts Its Engine Tuesday Night; 'Wonder Woman' Beating 'Suicide Squad' With $325M+ Running Cume
Latest Film News
- Focus Buys Political Drama Pitch From ‘Novitiate’ Helmer Maggie Betts
- Bart & Fleming: As Daniel Day-Lewis Exits, Who Wears Greatest Living Actor Crown?
- Kenya Barris To Write Russell Simmons Biopic For Fox, ‘Life And Def: Sex Drugs Money + God’
- ‘Destined’ Destined For Fall Release Via XLrator; Uncork’d Acquires ‘Almost Amazing’
- Court Frees Steven Mnuchin From Relativity Media-Related Fraud Case
- Film Academy Invites Record 774 New Members, From Gal Gadot To Betty White