Stephan Gaghan has signed a pod deal with Fox 21 to create cable series for the production company. The agreement, which runs until June 2014, will see the writer-directer create, write and produce new projects as well as oversee other writers on new and possibly existing projects for the company. “Stephen has literally been my No. 1 target since I came to this job two years ago, but this deal is first and foremost about Stephen creating his signature show,” Fox 21 president Bert Salke said today. Gaghan wrote the Oscar-winning script for Steven Soderbergh’s Traffic. He also directed and wrote the 2005 geopolitical drama Syriana starring George Clooney. Gaghan also wrote the screenplay for the upcoming After Earth, staring Will Smith; the M. Night Shyamalan pic comes out June 13, 2013. Gaghan previously had a deal with 20th Century Fox TV that expired earlier this year. The pact with Fox 21 will not impede Gaghan’s ability to write and direct future features. He is repped by CAA and lawyer Steven Warren.
Stephen Gaghan Inks Pod Deal With Fox 21
What's Hot on Deadline
Jared Kushner Repeats "I Did Not Collude" Doctrine In Rare Public Speech After Meeting With Senate Intel Staff
'Dunkirk' Takes Box Office By Storm With $55.4M No. 1 Spot For $105M+ Global Opening; 'Valerian' $23.5M Start - Int'l Box Office
Latest Film News
- Dome Karukoski To Helm J.R.R. Tolkien Biopic
- PalmStar Media Closes Near $12M National Lampoon Deal; Can Laugh Brand Regain Luster?
- Cinema Audio Society Sets 2018 Awards Date, Timeline
- Toronto Fest Announcement To Kick Off Oscar-Season Guessing Game: Who Will Be In Or Out?
- Universal Hits $4B In Global Box Office For Second Time In Its History
- Sarah Paulson Joins M. Night Shyamalan’s ‘Glass’