Stephan Gaghan has signed a pod deal with Fox 21 to create cable series for the production company. The agreement, which runs until June 2014, will see the writer-directer create, write and produce new projects as well as oversee other writers on new and possibly existing projects for the company. “Stephen has literally been my No. 1 target since I came to this job two years ago, but this deal is first and foremost about Stephen creating his signature show,” Fox 21 president Bert Salke said today. Gaghan wrote the Oscar-winning script for Steven Soderbergh’s Traffic. He also directed and wrote the 2005 geopolitical drama Syriana starring George Clooney. Gaghan also wrote the screenplay for the upcoming After Earth, staring Will Smith; the M. Night Shyamalan pic comes out June 13, 2013. Gaghan previously had a deal with 20th Century Fox TV that expired earlier this year. The pact with Fox 21 will not impede Gaghan’s ability to write and direct future features. He is repped by CAA and lawyer Steven Warren.
Stephen Gaghan Inks Pod Deal With Fox 21
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest Film News
- ‘Wonder Woman 2’ Gets 2019 Release Date
- ‘Bloodline’ Actor Owen Teague Joins YA Romance ‘Every Day’
- Jared Leto In Talks For ‘Bloodshot’ At Sony
- Ric Roman Waugh Nears Deal To Direct ‘Angel Has Fallen’, Next Installment Of The ‘Olympus Has Fallen…
- ‘Atomic Blonde’ Review: Charlize Theron Kicks Ass, But Spy Action Thriller Has More Fight Than Bite
- Fox, 21 Laps Land Colm McCarthy For Coast Guard Thriller