The third edition of the multi-network simulcast Stand Up To Cancer fundraising special is set to air live from LA’s Shrine Auditorium. ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC again are donating one hour of simultaneous commercial-free primetime space (8-9 PM ET/PT) for the show. HBO, HBO Latino, Bio, Lifetime Movie Network, Logo, MLB Network, mun2, Palladia and VH1 also have committed to the telecast so far, with more cablers expected to join in. All donations go to cancer research. Gwenyth Paltrow and Joel Gallen’s Tenth Planet Prods are executive producing the show, which like years past will include musical performances and celebrities manning phone banks. Laura Ziskin exec produced the first two telecasts in 2008 and 2010; she died of cancer in June 2011.
'Stand Up To Cancer' Returning Sept. 7
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- Vince Vaughn-Produced ‘Fearless With Tim Ferriss’ Gets Premiere Date On Audience Network
- California Bill To Boost Funding For Hollywood Job Training Passes Committee
- Studios & WGA Can’t Even Agree On Lost Revenues From Last Strike
- Rita Moreno On Her EGOT Wins, Affairs With Brando & Elvis (!) And Taking Life ‘One Day At A Time’ – The Actor’s…
- Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir ‘Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?’ For TV
- Tom Hanks, Jodie Foster, David Byrne, Meryl Streep Remember Jonathan Demme