Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions has acquired U.S. and Canada rights, along with select international territories, on Crooked House, the Neil LaBute-directed adaptation of the Agatha Christie’s murder mystery novel that is being made by Ealing Metro International. Script is by Gosford Park and Downton Abbey scribe Julian Fellowes, Tim Rose Price and LaBute. “It’s been far too long since we’ve seen Agatha Christie’s work on the big screen,” LaBute said. “Crooked House is one of her best and most surprising murder mysteries. It’s the perfect title with which to bring a whole new audience to Christie, while at the same time delivering a wonderfully suspenseful experience to her legions of existing fans.” Shooting will start in the fall in London, with Brilliant Films’ Joe Abrams and Rory Gilmartin producing with Marc Samuelson of Samuelson Productions.
Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions Buys Into Agatha Christie's 'Crooked House'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Sets $12M Pantelion Record, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty With $10M+, 'Circle' A Square As 'F8' Leads Listless Weekend
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office; Tops 'Furious 7' For New China Record
'Orange Is The New Black' Hacker Shares Stolen Episodes; Blog Publishes List Of Possible Additional Shows - Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2’ Zooms With $101.2M Bow – International Box Office
- WGA & AMPTP: Rare Sunday Talks “Moving Closer” To Deal
- 'Colossal' Crosses $2M As 'Natasha', 'Obit' and 'Buster's Mal Heart' Bow Solid – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Drives Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office; Tops ‘Furious 7’ For New China Record
- No Omerta As Coppola, Pacino And Cast Recall ‘Godfather’ Shoot – Tribeca
- Barbra Streisand Talks Filmmaking, Music & ‘A Star Is Born’ Clashes – Tribeca