Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions has acquired U.S. and Canada rights, along with select international territories, on Crooked House, the Neil LaBute-directed adaptation of the Agatha Christie’s murder mystery novel that is being made by Ealing Metro International. Script is by Gosford Park and Downton Abbey scribe Julian Fellowes, Tim Rose Price and LaBute. “It’s been far too long since we’ve seen Agatha Christie’s work on the big screen,” LaBute said. “Crooked House is one of her best and most surprising murder mysteries. It’s the perfect title with which to bring a whole new audience to Christie, while at the same time delivering a wonderfully suspenseful experience to her legions of existing fans.” Shooting will start in the fall in London, with Brilliant Films’ Joe Abrams and Rory Gilmartin producing with Marc Samuelson of Samuelson Productions.
Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions Buys Into Agatha Christie's 'Crooked House'
What's Hot on Deadline
NBCUni Consolidates USA & Syfy In New Network Group Led By Chris McCumber, Syfy's Dave Howe Segues To New Post, Bill McGoldrick To Head All Scripted
Natalie Portman, Nicholas Hoult & Thandie Newton Board Xavier Dolan's 'The Death And Life Of John F. Donovan' - Berlin
Latest Film News
- Oscar Bait Fassbender-Vikander Film ‘The Light Between Oceans’ Dated For Next Awards Season
- Johnny Depp To Star In ‘The Invisible Man’ At Universal
- ‘Fast 8’ Will Ride With A New Female Villain
- Natalie Portman, Nicholas Hoult & Thandie Newton Board Xavier Dolan’s ‘The Death And Life Of John F. Donovan…
- Disney Theatricals Sets Broadway Timeline For Fresh ‘Frozen’ Musical In 2018
- Paladin Nabs Dance Pic ‘High Strung’; FilmBuff Acquires Sister Dramedy ‘Jane Wants A Boyfriend’