Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions has acquired U.S. and Canada rights, along with select international territories, on Crooked House, the Neil LaBute-directed adaptation of the Agatha Christie’s murder mystery novel that is being made by Ealing Metro International. Script is by Gosford Park and Downton Abbey scribe Julian Fellowes, Tim Rose Price and LaBute. “It’s been far too long since we’ve seen Agatha Christie’s work on the big screen,” LaBute said. “Crooked House is one of her best and most surprising murder mysteries. It’s the perfect title with which to bring a whole new audience to Christie, while at the same time delivering a wonderfully suspenseful experience to her legions of existing fans.” Shooting will start in the fall in London, with Brilliant Films’ Joe Abrams and Rory Gilmartin producing with Marc Samuelson of Samuelson Productions.
Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions Buys Into Agatha Christie's 'Crooked House'
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- California Bill To Boost Funding For Hollywood Job Training Passes Committee
- Studios & WGA Can’t Even Agree On Lost Revenues From Last Strike
- ‘Psychopaths’ Helmer Mickey Keating On His Altman-esque Approach To Horror — Tribeca Studio
- Tom Hanks, Jodie Foster, David Byrne, Meryl Streep Remember Jonathan Demme
- Nicolas Cage Breaks Ankle On Movie Set In Bulgaria
- ‘Dog Years’: Adam Rifkin Was Only Going To Make His Latest Movie With Burt Reynolds In The Lead Role – Tribeca…