EXCLUSIVE: While the Broadway musical transfer of the film Ghost is closing, another Hollywood three-hankie weeper is back up and running. I’m told that the musical Sleepless in Seattle, based on the 1993 Tom Hanks-Meg Ryan film, now has a creative team and will open at the Pasadena Playhouse June, 2013. Lonny Price was set last month as director. Now, Ben Toth has been hired to compose the music and Sam Forman to be the lyricist. David Shor is producer and Eric Stern is the musical director. The musical was expected to open on June 12 in Pasadena, but those plans were scrapped so that the show could undergo a radical overhaul. The late Nora Ephron wrote and directed the 1993 hit. Jeff Arch, a cowriter of the original film, is the book writer. The plan is to eventually follow and bring the musical to Broadway.
'Sleepless In Seattle' Stage Musical Sets New Composers
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Venice: 'La La Land' Dazzles Lido As Film Festival Kicks Off With A Twirl
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogeneous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast