EXCLUSIVE: While the Broadway musical transfer of the film Ghost is closing, another Hollywood three-hankie weeper is back up and running. I’m told that the musical Sleepless in Seattle, based on the 1993 Tom Hanks-Meg Ryan film, now has a creative team and will open at the Pasadena Playhouse June, 2013. Lonny Price was set last month as director. Now, Ben Toth has been hired to compose the music and Sam Forman to be the lyricist. David Shor is producer and Eric Stern is the musical director. The musical was expected to open on June 12 in Pasadena, but those plans were scrapped so that the show could undergo a radical overhaul. The late Nora Ephron wrote and directed the 1993 hit. Jeff Arch, a cowriter of the original film, is the book writer. The plan is to eventually follow and bring the musical to Broadway.
'Sleepless In Seattle' Stage Musical Sets New Composers
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Latest Film News
- ‘Phantom Thread’ Composer Jonny Greenwood On Writing Music Reynolds Woodcock Would Appreciate
- Diane Warren & Melissa Leo Among L.A. Italia Festival Honorees
- The Black List & Women In Film Set Writers, Mentors For Inaugural Feature Lab
- Time’s Up Turns Down Deven MacNair’s Plea For Help In Fighting Sex Discrimination In Stunt Biz
- Oscars: A Look At The Nominees For Best Animated Feature Film
- Vanessa Hudgens, Katheryn Winnick & Matt Lucas Join Mads Mikkelsen In The Action-Thriller ‘Polar’