Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli confirmed today that James Bond’s MI6 gadget pal Q is returning to the franchise in the 23rd Bond installment Skyfall and will be played by Ben Whishaw. For proof, they unveiled a production still from the movie, which Sony is releasing November 9. He is the fourth actor to play Bond’s famous quartermaster, the latest being John Cleese in 2002’s Die Another Day. Whishaw recently wrapped Warner Bros’ Cloud Atlas opposite Tom Hanks on the film side in addition to his TV and stage work. He won a BAFTA for the BBC drama Criminal Justice in 2009.
Ben Whishaw Cast As Q In 'Skyfall'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Sets $12M Pantelion Record, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty With $10M+, 'Circle' Is A Square As 'F8' Leads Listless Weekend
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office; Tops 'Furious 7' For New China Record
Latest Film News
- WGA & AMPTP: Rare Sunday Talks “Moving Closer” To Deal
- 'Colossal' Crosses $2M As 'Natasha', 'Obit' and 'Buster's Mal Heart' Bow Solid – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2’ Zooms With $101.2M Bow – International Box Office
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Drives Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office; Tops ‘Furious 7’ For New China Record
- No Omerta As Coppola, Pacino And Cast Recall ‘Godfather’ Shoot – Tribeca
- Barbra Streisand Talks Filmmaking, Music & ‘A Star Is Born’ Clashes – Tribeca