Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli confirmed today that James Bond’s MI6 gadget pal Q is returning to the franchise in the 23rd Bond installment Skyfall and will be played by Ben Whishaw. For proof, they unveiled a production still from the movie, which Sony is releasing November 9. He is the fourth actor to play Bond’s famous quartermaster, the latest being John Cleese in 2002’s Die Another Day. Whishaw recently wrapped Warner Bros’ Cloud Atlas opposite Tom Hanks on the film side in addition to his TV and stage work. He won a BAFTA for the BBC drama Criminal Justice in 2009.
Ben Whishaw Cast As Q In 'Skyfall'
What's Hot on Deadline
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
Latest Film News
- RealD Says Potential Bidders Backed Off Over Concerns About 3D’s Prospects
- Fullscreen Taps Ex-Hulu Boss Andy Forssell As COO
- Slamdance Film Festival Slate Announced
- Russian Film Director Eldar Ryazanov, Icon Of Romantic Satire, Dies At 88
- China Makes Space For 'The Martian' As 'Good Dinosaur' Snatches Eggs From No. 1 'Mockingjay 2' – Intl B.O. Update
- 'The Danish Girl' Bows With Style; ‘Janis: Little Girl Blue’ Solid In Debut; ‘Carol' Dominates Thanksgiving…