Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli confirmed today that James Bond’s MI6 gadget pal Q is returning to the franchise in the 23rd Bond installment Skyfall and will be played by Ben Whishaw. For proof, they unveiled a production still from the movie, which Sony is releasing November 9. He is the fourth actor to play Bond’s famous quartermaster, the latest being John Cleese in 2002’s Die Another Day. Whishaw recently wrapped Warner Bros’ Cloud Atlas opposite Tom Hanks on the film side in addition to his TV and stage work. He won a BAFTA for the BBC drama Criminal Justice in 2009.
Ben Whishaw Cast As Q In 'Skyfall'
What's Hot on Deadline
Warner Bros Wins Visionary Viral Short 'Sundays' Auction; You Gotta See What $51,000 Can Look Like Onscreen
Latest Film News
- 6;Big Bang’s Simon Helberg Is Meryl Streep’s Pianist In Stephen Frears-Directed ‘Florence Foster Jenkins…
- Bond Girl Lea Seydoux Signs With WME
- Gillian Flynn Joins Steve McQueen To Script New Regency Heist Thriller
- ‘Southpaw’ Trailer: Jake Gyllenhaal’s Gritty Boxing Pic Could Be A Knockout
- Vivendi Chairman Vincent Bollore Ups His Stake To 10.2%
- WWE, Gene Simmons Tag-Team To Launch Horror Label