EXCLUSIVE: Screenvision’s trying to keep the heat on industry leader National Cinemedia in the competition to dominate cinema ad sales. The firm says that it just signed a first-time agreement with Minnesota-based Mann Theaters — and renewed existing arrangements with several chains that have footholds in the midwest and south: Frank Theaters, Premiere Cinemas, CEC Theaters, Neighborhood Cinemas, and Emagine Entertainment. The agreements “represent a major step forward in our digital evolution and for the long-term growth of our company and in-cinema advertising as a whole,” says Screenvision EVP Darryl Schaffer. The company is eager to show that it’s in business for the long haul. It says that the new deals raise the average length of the remaining terms on its alliances to nine years. (Screenvision would not disclose the previous number). The average remaining term for its 12 largest partners, with more than 6,000 screens, is 15 years. Screenvision’s biggest supporters include Carmike Cinemas, Marcus Theatres, Rave Motion Pictures, National Amusements, Harkins Theatres and Malco Theatres. The company projects that by year end it will use satellites in its Digital SkyArc service to transmit ads and alternative programming to about 55% of the 14,500 screens it services. Screenvision says that 98% of the screens it serves currently receive its pre-show ads either via satellite or on a hard drive.
Screenvision Scores Long-Term Ad Sales Deals For 1,200 Screens
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Helen Mirren To Narrate ‘Cries From Syria’ For HBO Bow
- Eric Heisserer-Backed TV Series ‘The Scrawl’ Among First Projects For Newbie Penchant Entertainment
- Beware, Oscar Voters: Final Academy Award Ballots Due Today!
- Viacom Looks Beyond Brad Grey Era Toward Future Of Paramount
- ‘Han Solo Star Wars’ Movie Underway: First Look
- SXSW 2017: Bob Odenkirk, Chris Hardwick & Whitney Cummings Among Lineup For Comedy Festival