EXCLUSIVE: Screenvision’s trying to keep the heat on industry leader National Cinemedia in the competition to dominate cinema ad sales. The firm says that it just signed a first-time agreement with Minnesota-based Mann Theaters — and renewed existing arrangements with several chains that have footholds in the midwest and south: Frank Theaters, Premiere Cinemas, CEC Theaters, Neighborhood Cinemas, and Emagine Entertainment. The agreements “represent a major step forward in our digital evolution and for the long-term growth of our company and in-cinema advertising as a whole,” says Screenvision EVP Darryl Schaffer. The company is eager to show that it’s in business for the long haul. It says that the new deals raise the average length of the remaining terms on its alliances to nine years. (Screenvision would not disclose the previous number). The average remaining term for its 12 largest partners, with more than 6,000 screens, is 15 years. Screenvision’s biggest supporters include Carmike Cinemas, Marcus Theatres, Rave Motion Pictures, National Amusements, Harkins Theatres and Malco Theatres. The company projects that by year end it will use satellites in its Digital SkyArc service to transmit ads and alternative programming to about 55% of the 14,500 screens it services. Screenvision says that 98% of the screens it serves currently receive its pre-show ads either via satellite or on a hard drive.
Screenvision Scores Long-Term Ad Sales Deals For 1,200 Screens
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency