The News Corp CEO is warming up to the GOP’s likely presidential nominee: “At last Romney attacks, looks better,” Rupert Murdoch tweeted this afternoon. “Keep it up! Still needs to address all Hispanics, 80 per cent Multi- cultural. Dole got 20, Bush 45.” Shortly afterward he added: “Yesterday Obama went off script, showed real self ie government omnipotent, individuals secondary. Must be big damage.” Today’s themes are a shift from a few weeks ago when Murdoch questioned whether Mitt Romney has enough fight in him. Murdoch wrote that he “Met Romney last week. Tough (Obama) Chicago pros will be hard to beat unless he drops old friends from team and hires some real pros. Doubtful.” The previous week he asked: “When is Romney going to look like a challenger? Seems to play everything safe, make no news except to burn off Hispanics.” Murdoch has 288,549 followers on Twitter — which tops the number of monthly unique readers for The Daily, his struggling tablet-based publication. Murdoch himself only follows 21 people.
Rupert Murdoch Says He Likes Mitt Romney's “Attacks”
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Susan Lyne Moves From AOL's Brand Group To A New Fund For Women-led Internet Ventures
- Apple Says It's Not Responsible For Theft Of Celebrity Nude Photos
- Relativity CEO Says Appointment Of Lawyer As Managing Director Will Help IPO Plans
- It's No Blip, Online Video Is Taking Ad Dollars From Traditional TV: Analyst
- Now That He's At Carmike, Can Bud Mayo Lead Theaters' Alternative Content Revolution?
- Cable Milestone: Operators Have More Broadband Subs Than TV Ones