The News Corp CEO is warming up to the GOP’s likely presidential nominee: “At last Romney attacks, looks better,” Rupert Murdoch tweeted this afternoon. “Keep it up! Still needs to address all Hispanics, 80 per cent Multi- cultural. Dole got 20, Bush 45.” Shortly afterward he added: “Yesterday Obama went off script, showed real self ie government omnipotent, individuals secondary. Must be big damage.” Today’s themes are a shift from a few weeks ago when Murdoch questioned whether Mitt Romney has enough fight in him. Murdoch wrote that he “Met Romney last week. Tough (Obama) Chicago pros will be hard to beat unless he drops old friends from team and hires some real pros. Doubtful.” The previous week he asked: “When is Romney going to look like a challenger? Seems to play everything safe, make no news except to burn off Hispanics.” Murdoch has 288,549 followers on Twitter — which tops the number of monthly unique readers for The Daily, his struggling tablet-based publication. Murdoch himself only follows 21 people.
Rupert Murdoch Says He Likes Mitt Romney's “Attacks”
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland's Future: $40.7M Four-Day Opening; 'Pitch Perfect 2' Hits $100M+ High Note - First Sunday Update
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- ‘Tomorrowland’s Future: $40.7M Four-Day Opening; ‘Pitch Perfect 2′ Hits $100M+ High Note – First…
- Aishwarya Rai On Return To Film With ‘Jazbaa’ Helmer Sanjay Gupta – Video
- How Director Rick Famuyiwa Grew ‘Dope’ – Cannes Q&A
- Michael Fassbender In ‘Macbeth': A Pair Of Clips From Cannes
- Un Certain Regard Winners: ‘Rams’, ‘The High Sun’, ‘Treasure’ & More – Cannes
- ‘Son Of Saul’ Wins FIPRESCI; Ecumenical Jury Honors ‘Mia Madre’ – Cannes