EXCLUSIVE: Tbilisi, My City is a feature built on a series of 12 short films about the republic of Georgia. Ron Perlman and Sarah Dumont have just been added to the cast that already included Malcolm McDowell. Hatched by David Agiashvili, the melding of fiction and documentary is written and directed by natives of Georgia, with each story taking on a personal narrative about the republic’s capital city. Perlman plays a nameless American motorcyclist who rides through Tbilisi’s remote areas with a woman named Freedom (Dumont). McDowell’s vignette sees him as an actor who falls in love with Tbilisi after reluctantly agreeing to a one-month shoot there. Agiashvili is producing alongside Ketevan Galdavadze and Nika Agiashvili through Storyman Pictures and Iberia Film. Prouduction is currently underway. Pearlman is repped by KLWGN Entertainment. Dumont is repped by WME.
Ron Perlman Joins 'Tbilisi, My City' Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
'Downton Abbey' Finale: Exec Producer Gareth Neame On Allen Leech & Lily James' Future, Season 7 & That Proposal
John Oliver Sexes Up '60 Minutes' Report On Nation's Crumbling Infrastructure With Ed Norton And Steve Buscemi
More From Tartaglione
- Maggie Smith Hints At ‘Downton Abbey’ Departure
- Combined Endemol Shine Distribution Entity Gets Name; Exec Team Outlined
- Auds Check Into ‘Marigold Hotel 2′; ‘Grey’ Bound To Top Spot: Intl Box Office Update
- ’50 Shades’ Now Uni’s Biggest R-Rated Film Overseas; Nears $500M Global B.O.
- Darrin Prescott & Wade Allen ‘Live!’ In Feature Helming Debut For The Solution
- ‘Spectre’ Director Sam Mendes On Why He Came Back To Bond After ‘Skyfall’