EXCLUSIVE: Tbilisi, My City is a feature built on a series of 12 short films about the republic of Georgia. Ron Perlman and Sarah Dumont have just been added to the cast that already included Malcolm McDowell. Hatched by David Agiashvili, the melding of fiction and documentary is written and directed by natives of Georgia, with each story taking on a personal narrative about the republic’s capital city. Perlman plays a nameless American motorcyclist who rides through Tbilisi’s remote areas with a woman named Freedom (Dumont). McDowell’s vignette sees him as an actor who falls in love with Tbilisi after reluctantly agreeing to a one-month shoot there. Agiashvili is producing alongside Ketevan Galdavadze and Nika Agiashvili through Storyman Pictures and Iberia Film. Prouduction is currently underway. Pearlman is repped by KLWGN Entertainment. Dumont is repped by WME.
Ron Perlman Joins 'Tbilisi, My City' Cast
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- The China-Hollywood Poker Play: Is There A Sucker At This Table?
- Turkey Day Domestic Box Office Dips As 'Mockingjay' Flies Past $200M Overseas
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Brings The Dark Side, And The Light: Hot Teaser
- James McAvoy Has Company In 'The Ruling Class'; 'Rocky Horror' Sequel Time Warps To Stage: West End Briefs
- Cannes Pics Vie For Delluc Prize; China Plans 6 'Three Body' Films: Global Showbiz Briefs
- Frank Yablans, Former Paramount President, Dead At 79