The earnings statement from the largest theater chain begins with a statement from CEO Amy Miles about last week’s shooting in Aurora. “We believe that movie theatres have always been and will continue to be places where friends, families and communities can safely gather together for a few hours of fun and entertainment,” she says. “We were devastated and heartbroken by the senseless acts that took place in one of those theatres last week, but remain committed to providing a safe and secure environment for our guests.” There was virtually no commentary about the Q2 results themselves, which were mixed. Regal reported net income of $37.2M, up 6.9% vs the same period last year, on revenues of $723.3M, -4%. The revenue figure missed analysts’ expectation for $732.9M. But adjusted earnings at 25 cents a share beat the 20 cent forecasts. Attendance at 54,297 was down 8.5% from last year — but at 6,552 screens, down about 100. The average ticket price was $9.11, up from $8.75. Concessions revenues also were up to $3.55 per patron from $3.37.
Regal Entertainment Revenues And Admissions Decline In Q2
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
'Marvel's The Defenders' Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series - Comic-Con
From ‘Fauda’s Assaf Bernstein On ‘Rose Madder' To ‘The Shining’ Onstage: What’s Behind Stephen King’s Hollywood Renaissance?
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
Latest Film News
- ‘Dunkirk’ Flying To $51M+; ‘Girls Trip’ Driving To $29M+; ‘Valerian’ Still A Disaster…
- ‘The Gift’: Patrick Stewart, Katie Holmes & Giancarlo Esposito Wrapping In Montreal
- ‘Shot Caller’ Review: ‘Game Of Thrones’ Star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Plays A Game Of Survival In Gripping…
- Blumhouse & Todd McFarlane Team For ‘Spawn’ Movie – Comic-Con
- From 'Fauda's Assaf Bernstein On 'Rose Madder’ To 'The Shining' Onstage: What's Behind Stephen King's…
- Nicole Ari Parker To Star In Indie Comedy ‘Headshop’