The stock is down more than 18% in after hours trading following the report for the period that ended in June. RealD generated net income of $2.9M, -68.7% vs the same quarter last year, on revenues of $68.2M, +14.5%. But analysts expected revenues of $70.4M. And earnings at five cents a share fell way short of the consensus forecast of 15 cents. CEO Michael Lewis says that the profit drop was “impacted by a $5.9M decline in our product gross profits” due to “a significantly reduced mix of recycled eyewear shipped to RealD-equipped theaters during the quarter.” The company says that doesn’t affect its growth prospects. At the end of the quarter there were about 20,700 RealD-enabled screens, up 18% from a year ago. Lewis says that RealD “will generate strong cash flows during fiscal 2013 as our spending on capital expenditures moderates.” The company says that revenues will decline in the current quarter vs last year which included mega-hits Warner Bros’ Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 and Paramount’s Transformers: Dark Of The Moon.
RealD Shares Dive After It Reports Big Earnings Miss In Fiscal Q1
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings