Veteran character actor Norman Alden, who appeared in numerous TV shows and movies over a career spanning five decades, has died. Alden was 87 and died July 27th in a Los Angeles nursing home. His movie work included a role as a soda jerk in Back To The Future and he played a cameraman in Tim Burton’s Ed Wood. He also had parts in Tora! Tora! Tora!, I Never Promised You A Rose Garden and played the title character in Richard Sarafian’s Andy. Alden also provided voices for animated movies such as Walt Disney’s The Sword In The Stone and the 1986 Transformers: The Movie as well as multiple voice roles in animated TV series. His first TV appearance was on The Bob Cummings Show. Other TV work included The Life And Legend Of Wyatt Earp, Gunsmoke, The Untouchables, My Three Sons, Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman, Bonanza, Charlie’s Angels, The Mod Squad, Mannix, The A-Team and Jag, among many series over the years. He also worked in commercials and played the mechanic Lou in AC Delco spots.
R.I.P. Norman Alden
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Rookie Comedies 'Selfie' & 'A To Z' Hit Hulu Ahead Of Network Premieres (Video)
- Turner CEO Says Plans For More “Streamlined, Nimble” Company Coming In Next Two Months
- Scott Adsit Joins AMC Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Sibylla Deen & Kylie Bunbury in Spike TV's 'Tut'
- Eva Longoria Joins Fox's 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- Universal & Legendary Date 'Krampus,' 'Spectral'; Open Road Shifts 'Nightcrawler'
- Good Deed Entertainment Taps Myrl Schreibman As President Of Production