Veteran character actor Norman Alden, who appeared in numerous TV shows and movies over a career spanning five decades, has died. Alden was 87 and died July 27th in a Los Angeles nursing home. His movie work included a role as a soda jerk in Back To The Future and he played a cameraman in Tim Burton’s Ed Wood. He also had parts in Tora! Tora! Tora!, I Never Promised You A Rose Garden and played the title character in Richard Sarafian’s Andy. Alden also provided voices for animated movies such as Walt Disney’s The Sword In The Stone and the 1986 Transformers: The Movie as well as multiple voice roles in animated TV series. His first TV appearance was on The Bob Cummings Show. Other TV work included The Life And Legend Of Wyatt Earp, Gunsmoke, The Untouchables, My Three Sons, Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman, Bonanza, Charlie’s Angels, The Mod Squad, Mannix, The A-Team and Jag, among many series over the years. He also worked in commercials and played the mechanic Lou in AC Delco spots.
R.I.P. Norman Alden
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First