Lupe Ontiveros, who starred in the films Selena and As Good As It Gets, has died. Her management agency says she passed away yesterday after battling liver cancer. She was 69. The iconic Mexican-American actress appeared on both the big and small screen over a career that spanned more than four decades. She is perhaps best known for her role as convicted murderer Yolanda Saldivar in the 1997 film Selena, which starred Jennifer Lopez as the famed Tejano-style singer. She earned an Emmy nomination in 2004 for guest actress in a comedy series for her role as Juanita Solis, the mother-in-law of Eva Longoria’s character Gabrielle on Desperate Housewives. Longoria tweeted this morning about Ontiveros’ passing, saying she was deeply saddened at the news. “She was more than a colleague to me, she was my family. My heart is with your family Lupe…”. Her other credits include The Goonies, Real Women Have Curves, Charlie’s Angels, and TV’s Hill Street Blues and Reba.
R.I.P. Lupe Ontiveros
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Film News
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Activist Organization Hosts Voter Registration Events At ‘Black Panther’ Screenings
- Blue Fox Hires Myriad Pictures’ Audrey Delaney As Marketing & Distribution SVP – Berlin
- José Padilha Lifts The Lid On ‘7 Days In Entebbe’ – Berlin
- ‘Black Panther’ Blasts Off With $169M Overseas; $371M WW Weekend – International Box Office
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred ‘Jurassic World’ & Possibly ‘Last Jedi…