Lupe Ontiveros, who starred in the films Selena and As Good As It Gets, has died. Her management agency says she passed away yesterday after battling liver cancer. She was 69. The iconic Mexican-American actress appeared on both the big and small screen over a career that spanned more than four decades. She is perhaps best known for her role as convicted murderer Yolanda Saldivar in the 1997 film Selena, which starred Jennifer Lopez as the famed Tejano-style singer. She earned an Emmy nomination in 2004 for guest actress in a comedy series for her role as Juanita Solis, the mother-in-law of Eva Longoria’s character Gabrielle on Desperate Housewives. Longoria tweeted this morning about Ontiveros’ passing, saying she was deeply saddened at the news. “She was more than a colleague to me, she was my family. My heart is with your family Lupe…”. Her other credits include The Goonies, Real Women Have Curves, Charlie’s Angels, and TV’s Hill Street Blues and Reba.
R.I.P. Lupe Ontiveros
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE