HBO Films president Len Amato announced today that Mary And Martha, starring Hillary Swank and Brenda Blethyn has begun production in South Africa and North Carolina. Directed by Phillip Noyce (Salt, The Quiet American) from a screenplay written by Richard Curtis, Mary And Martha depicts the journey of two mothers who bond over the mutual loss of their sons to malaria. James Woods, Frank Grillo, Ian Redford and Stephanie Faracy also star. “I’ve always wanted to write a film about the fact that when you have children, there’s always the possibility of extreme joy and extreme sorrow”, said Curtis. “And over the years, working with Comic Relief, I have come across the tragedy of the startling number of lives taken by malaria every year.” Mary And Martha is an HBO Films Presentation of a WTTV Working Title Television Production, in association with BBC and NBC Universal; executive produced by Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, Liza Chasin and Juliette Howell; produced by Genevieve Hofmeyr and Hilary Bevan Jones.
Production Begins On HBO Films' Drama 'Mary And Martha'
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Toward $1B Global As Rest Of Stateside Biz Idles Ahead Of 'Guardians 2' - Box Office Preview
Latest TV News
- ‘Good Fight’ Heads To India, Nordics; Alexia Edwards Joins Expectation – Global Briefs
- Comcast Beats Q1 Earnings Expectations Helped By Strong Film Sales
- ’13 Reasons Why’ Nears Season 2 Renewal At Netflix
- ‘The Simpsons’ Looks At Donald Trump’s First 100 Days In Office
- Dish Network & Hearst TV End Blackout With New Deal
- ‘Singularity’: Amanda Lund To Star In FX Comedy Pilot