HBO Films president Len Amato announced today that Mary And Martha, starring Hillary Swank and Brenda Blethyn has begun production in South Africa and North Carolina. Directed by Phillip Noyce (Salt, The Quiet American) from a screenplay written by Richard Curtis, Mary And Martha depicts the journey of two mothers who bond over the mutual loss of their sons to malaria. James Woods, Frank Grillo, Ian Redford and Stephanie Faracy also star. “I’ve always wanted to write a film about the fact that when you have children, there’s always the possibility of extreme joy and extreme sorrow”, said Curtis. “And over the years, working with Comic Relief, I have come across the tragedy of the startling number of lives taken by malaria every year.” Mary And Martha is an HBO Films Presentation of a WTTV Working Title Television Production, in association with BBC and NBC Universal; executive produced by Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, Liza Chasin and Juliette Howell; produced by Genevieve Hofmeyr and Hilary Bevan Jones.
Production Begins On HBO Films' Drama 'Mary And Martha'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Bill O’Reilly’s ‘Legends & Lies’ Debuting April 12 On Fox News Channel
- What Do Bill O’Reilly And Keith Olbermann Have In Common? Union Owes Them Cash
- ‘The Blacklist’ Promotes Hisham Tawfiq To Series Regular For Season 3
- ‘Bloodline’ Renewed For Second Season By Netflix
- MSNBC Ratings Crater To All-Time Lows, Fox News Tops Q1 Results, CNN Up