HBO Films president Len Amato announced today that Mary And Martha, starring Hillary Swank and Brenda Blethyn has begun production in South Africa and North Carolina. Directed by Phillip Noyce (Salt, The Quiet American) from a screenplay written by Richard Curtis, Mary And Martha depicts the journey of two mothers who bond over the mutual loss of their sons to malaria. James Woods, Frank Grillo, Ian Redford and Stephanie Faracy also star. “I’ve always wanted to write a film about the fact that when you have children, there’s always the possibility of extreme joy and extreme sorrow”, said Curtis. “And over the years, working with Comic Relief, I have come across the tragedy of the startling number of lives taken by malaria every year.” Mary And Martha is an HBO Films Presentation of a WTTV Working Title Television Production, in association with BBC and NBC Universal; executive produced by Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, Liza Chasin and Juliette Howell; produced by Genevieve Hofmeyr and Hilary Bevan Jones.
Production Begins On HBO Films' Drama 'Mary And Martha'
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
Paramount Gets China Infusion: $1 Billion, 3-Year Slate Co-Financing Deal With Shanghai Film Group & Huahua Media
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
Latest TV News
- Lennie James’ ‘Gone’ Heads To Sky Atlantic; ‘The Tunnel: Vengeance’ Returns For Final Series
- Content Media Boards Sundance Doc ‘Cries From Syria’
- ‘La La Land’ & ‘Hidden Figures’ Among Artios Award Winners
- ‘For God And Country’ Military Drama From Keshet Gets NBC Pilot Order
- Conservative Gasbag “Stephen Colbert” Returns, To Say ‘So Long’ To Obama
- Donald Trump Pounds Press At Inauguration Eve Donor Dinner