HBO Films president Len Amato announced today that Mary And Martha, starring Hillary Swank and Brenda Blethyn has begun production in South Africa and North Carolina. Directed by Phillip Noyce (Salt, The Quiet American) from a screenplay written by Richard Curtis, Mary And Martha depicts the journey of two mothers who bond over the mutual loss of their sons to malaria. James Woods, Frank Grillo, Ian Redford and Stephanie Faracy also star. “I’ve always wanted to write a film about the fact that when you have children, there’s always the possibility of extreme joy and extreme sorrow”, said Curtis. “And over the years, working with Comic Relief, I have come across the tragedy of the startling number of lives taken by malaria every year.” Mary And Martha is an HBO Films Presentation of a WTTV Working Title Television Production, in association with BBC and NBC Universal; executive produced by Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, Liza Chasin and Juliette Howell; produced by Genevieve Hofmeyr and Hilary Bevan Jones.
Production Begins On HBO Films' Drama 'Mary And Martha'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Searchers’: Zane Holtz Cast As Male Lead In The CW Drama Pilot
- Brad Garrett Cast In ‘The Get’ CBS Internet Journalism Drama Pilot
- Kellyanne Conway Making Return To TV On Fox News Channel’s ‘Hannity’ Tonight
- ‘Hidden Figures’, ‘Hacksaw Ridge’ & ’13th’ Among Humanitas Prize Winners
- Jordan Peele Inks First-Look Deal With Sonar
- ‘Dance Moms’ Abby Lee Miller Gets 11th-Hour Reprieve In Fraud Case Sentencing