HBO Films president Len Amato announced today that Mary And Martha, starring Hillary Swank and Brenda Blethyn has begun production in South Africa and North Carolina. Directed by Phillip Noyce (Salt, The Quiet American) from a screenplay written by Richard Curtis, Mary And Martha depicts the journey of two mothers who bond over the mutual loss of their sons to malaria. James Woods, Frank Grillo, Ian Redford and Stephanie Faracy also star. “I’ve always wanted to write a film about the fact that when you have children, there’s always the possibility of extreme joy and extreme sorrow”, said Curtis. “And over the years, working with Comic Relief, I have come across the tragedy of the startling number of lives taken by malaria every year.” Mary And Martha is an HBO Films Presentation of a WTTV Working Title Television Production, in association with BBC and NBC Universal; executive produced by Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, Liza Chasin and Juliette Howell; produced by Genevieve Hofmeyr and Hilary Bevan Jones.
Production Begins On HBO Films' Drama 'Mary And Martha'
What's Hot on Deadline
Mayweather-McGregor PPV Fight Could Punch Up $700M Worldwide, Making Domestic Box Office Meaningless
Latest TV News
- ‘Titans’: Anna Diop Cast As Starfire In Live-Action Series For DC Digital Service
- CBS TV Studios Sets ‘Your Honor’ Drama From Peter Moffat And Robert & Michelle King Based On Israeli Series
- Robert Rodriguez & go90 Ink Programming Deal; Unveil New Series With Michael Madsen, Danny Trejo, More
- Mark Gordon Bullish On Shonda Rhimes’ Netflix Move, Talks Network TV’s Rut – Edinburgh
- ‘Get Shorty’ Renewed For Season 2 By Epix
- CBS Nabs Legal Family Drama From Martin Gero & Berlanti Prods. As Put Pilot