We told you a couple of months ago that Brendan Fraser sued producer Todd Moyer over a planned movie about William Tell. Now Moyer is firing back with a complaint of his own. Moyer filed a lawsuit (read it here) yesterday in L.A. Superior Court against Fraser alleging assault, battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress. Moyer claims Fraser punched him repeatedly in the chest on two different occasions, the first time in a hotel in Indianapolis where he and Fraser had been working with screenwriters on The Legend Of William Tell. According to the complaint, Fraser “in an intoxicated state began to physically push, verbally threaten and punch Plaintiff repeatedly in the chest”. The second time happened about a year later during a production meeting on Tell. Moyer claims Fraser began screaming threats, then hit him in the chest over 20 times when Moyer refused Fraser’s request to hire Charlotte Huggins as a producer on the project. According to the complaint, the incident occurred in front of “Tracy Brennan, the co-head of motion picture talent at Creative Artists Agency, Kim Hodgert, talent agent for Creative Artists Agency, and Eric Brevig, a well-known movie director”. Moyer is seeking unspecified general and punitive damages and other court costs.
Producer Todd Moyer Files Lawsuit Against Brendan Fraser, After Fraser Sued Moyer
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest Film News
- TV Azteca, Keshet Team For Super Series; Acorn Looks ‘Straight Forward’ – Mipcom
- Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; “People Will Start Seeing The Potential”
- Cher Dances Her Way Into ‘Mamma Mia!’ Sequel
- ‘Better Call Saul’s Michael Mando Joins Jesse Eisenberg In ‘The Hummingbird Project’
- Jordan Peele, Channing Dungey & More Named As Honorees At AAFCA’s Special Achievement Ceremony
- Netflix Gains 5.3M Global Subs In Q3 As Stock Sets Record; Says Bid For Weinstein Co “Extremely Unlikely”