We told you a couple of months ago that Brendan Fraser sued producer Todd Moyer over a planned movie about William Tell. Now Moyer is firing back with a complaint of his own. Moyer filed a lawsuit (read it here) yesterday in L.A. Superior Court against Fraser alleging assault, battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress. Moyer claims Fraser punched him repeatedly in the chest on two different occasions, the first time in a hotel in Indianapolis where he and Fraser had been working with screenwriters on The Legend Of William Tell. According to the complaint, Fraser “in an intoxicated state began to physically push, verbally threaten and punch Plaintiff repeatedly in the chest”. The second time happened about a year later during a production meeting on Tell. Moyer claims Fraser began screaming threats, then hit him in the chest over 20 times when Moyer refused Fraser’s request to hire Charlotte Huggins as a producer on the project. According to the complaint, the incident occurred in front of “Tracy Brennan, the co-head of motion picture talent at Creative Artists Agency, Kim Hodgert, talent agent for Creative Artists Agency, and Eric Brevig, a well-known movie director”. Moyer is seeking unspecified general and punitive damages and other court costs.
Producer Todd Moyer Files Lawsuit Against Brendan Fraser, After Fraser Sued Moyer
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- Protagonist Pictures Boards Directors’ Fortnight Title ‘The Rider’ — Cannes
- Paul Verhoeven Sets Next: ‘Blessed Virgin’ To Star ‘Elle’s Virginie Efira As Lesbian Nun
- ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ To World Premiere In Shanghai
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 5 – Milo Ventimiglia, Cobie Smulders, Justin Long, Martin Landau & More
- Jeff Goldblum Books Trip To ‘Jurassic World’ Sequel
- WGA Contract Talks Over For The Day, Will Resume Wednesday – Update