We told you a couple of months ago that Brendan Fraser sued producer Todd Moyer over a planned movie about William Tell. Now Moyer is firing back with a complaint of his own. Moyer filed a lawsuit (read it here) yesterday in L.A. Superior Court against Fraser alleging assault, battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress. Moyer claims Fraser punched him repeatedly in the chest on two different occasions, the first time in a hotel in Indianapolis where he and Fraser had been working with screenwriters on The Legend Of William Tell. According to the complaint, Fraser “in an intoxicated state began to physically push, verbally threaten and punch Plaintiff repeatedly in the chest”. The second time happened about a year later during a production meeting on Tell. Moyer claims Fraser began screaming threats, then hit him in the chest over 20 times when Moyer refused Fraser’s request to hire Charlotte Huggins as a producer on the project. According to the complaint, the incident occurred in front of “Tracy Brennan, the co-head of motion picture talent at Creative Artists Agency, Kim Hodgert, talent agent for Creative Artists Agency, and Eric Brevig, a well-known movie director”. Moyer is seeking unspecified general and punitive damages and other court costs.
Producer Todd Moyer Files Lawsuit Against Brendan Fraser, After Fraser Sued Moyer
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Why Nobody Chased ‘Alice Through The Looking Glass’: Memorial Day Box Office Postmortem
- Universal Changes ‘Pitch Perfect 3’ Release Date Again; ‘Girl Trip’ Moves In
- Weinstein Company Blasts Open Road & ‘Little Prince’ Producers Over $35M ‘Playmobil…
- ‘Rogue One’: Re-Shoots But No Test Screening; Release Date Not Impacted
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- Cate Blanchett’s Broadway Debut With Chekhovian ‘The Present’ Sets House & Cast