The six-miniseries Political Animals starring Sigourney Weaver as the former First Lady who divorces the president and becomes Secretary of State debuted with 2.6 million viewers Sunday night on USA Network. It’s a fairly soft start for Greg Berlanti and Laurence Mark’s political drama, which USA is pushing out on alternate platforms (Hulu, iTunes and USANetwork.com, among others) so more can sample the story of how Weaver’s character navigates her new job, keeping her family together and taking on a DC journalist bent on taking her down. Sunday’s debut included 675,000 adults 18-49 and 834,000 adults 25-54.
'Political Animals' Debuts To Modest 2.6M
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video
- Graham Norton, 'Modern Family' Lead British Comedy Awards; Sony TV Ad Sales Inks With Jewish Life TV