The six-miniseries Political Animals starring Sigourney Weaver as the former First Lady who divorces the president and becomes Secretary of State debuted with 2.6 million viewers Sunday night on USA Network. It’s a fairly soft start for Greg Berlanti and Laurence Mark’s political drama, which USA is pushing out on alternate platforms (Hulu, iTunes and USANetwork.com, among others) so more can sample the story of how Weaver’s character navigates her new job, keeping her family together and taking on a DC journalist bent on taking her down. Sunday’s debut included 675,000 adults 18-49 and 834,000 adults 25-54.
'Political Animals' Debuts To Modest 2.6M
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Twin Peaks’ FYC Marathon Set On Showtime
- Jon Avlon Joins CNN Full Time As Senior Political Analyst
- Morgan Freeman On Accusations: “I Apologize To Anyone Who Felt Uncomfortable Or Disrespected”
- Celtics Win Scores Top Spot For ESPN, ‘Empire’ Season Finale Aces Big 4 Battle
- CMT Greenlights ‘Bachelorette Weekend’ Series From ‘Jersey Shore’ Creator & Renews ‘Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders…
- Tony Hale Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over ‘Arrested Development’ Interview Comments