The six-miniseries Political Animals starring Sigourney Weaver as the former First Lady who divorces the president and becomes Secretary of State debuted with 2.6 million viewers Sunday night on USA Network. It’s a fairly soft start for Greg Berlanti and Laurence Mark’s political drama, which USA is pushing out on alternate platforms (Hulu, iTunes and USANetwork.com, among others) so more can sample the story of how Weaver’s character navigates her new job, keeping her family together and taking on a DC journalist bent on taking her down. Sunday’s debut included 675,000 adults 18-49 and 834,000 adults 25-54.
'Political Animals' Debuts To Modest 2.6M
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Eyeing $95M-$100M Opening Day After Thursday Night Previews Hit $45M - Update
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest TV News
- ‘Carnival Row’: Andrew Gower & Jamie Harris Set To Recur In Amazon’s Fantasy Drama Series
- ‘The Crown’ Season 2 Skewing Older, Affluent & Female For Netflix, Nielsen Says
- Disney-Fox Deal: 5,000 To 10,000 Jobs Will Likely Be Shed: Analyst
- ‘Titans’: Alan Ritchson As Hawk & Minka Kelly As Dove In DC Superhero Series — First-Look Photo
- ‘Once Upon A Time’ Gets Midseason Return Date On ABC
- Jimmy Kimmel Says Net Neutrality Repeal “Despicable”, Calls Ajit Pai A “Jackhole”