EXCLUSIVE: Phillip Noyce has closed an exclusive pilot directing/first-look deal with Universal Television. Under the deal, Phillip will direct and executive produce a drama pilot for NBC and the studio this coming pilot season. In addition, Noyce and his longtime manager/producing partner Ross Fineman will develop and executive produce new projects for NBC, with an eye for Noyce to direct one of the projects that they bring in. “We are big fans of Phillip’s feature and TV work,” Uni TV EVP Bela Bajaria said. “He brings a distinct style and point of view to all of his material. We are excited to be in business with him at Universal Television.” UTA-repped Noyce was most recently based at ABC Studios where he directed the pilot for hot soap Revenge and drama pilot Americana this past season. I hear ABC tried to re-up its deal with Noyce but NBC was aggressive in its pursuit of the Salt helmer. NBC topper Bob Greenblatt has been a fan of Noyce for years and has had a relationship with him since Noyce directed the pilot for the Showtime drama Brotherhood while Greenblatt was running the pay cable network.
Phillip Noyce Signs Deal With Universal TV
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
TV Upfronts 2017 Schedule: Fewer Agency Parties Amid WGA Strike Fears; CBS Tackles Unexpected Vacancy
Latest TV News
- Mark Consuelos Joins ‘Riverdale’ For Season 2; ‘Suits’ Casts Dulé Hill
- WGA Contract Talks Over For The Day, Will Resume Wednesday – Update
- Fox News Strike Back At “Copycat” Racial Discrimination Suits From Staff – Update
- ‘Genius’ Review: Nat Geo’s Geoffrey Rush-Led Einstein Drama Solid But Lacks Shine
- AT&T Plans More DirecTV-Wireless Phone Bundles To Fight Churn
- Playground Options David Enrich’s Financial Exposé ‘The Spider Network’ For Series Development