EXCLUSIVE: Phillip Noyce has closed an exclusive pilot directing/first-look deal with Universal Television. Under the deal, Phillip will direct and executive produce a drama pilot for NBC and the studio this coming pilot season. In addition, Noyce and his longtime manager/producing partner Ross Fineman will develop and executive produce new projects for NBC, with an eye for Noyce to direct one of the projects that they bring in. “We are big fans of Phillip’s feature and TV work,” Uni TV EVP Bela Bajaria said. “He brings a distinct style and point of view to all of his material. We are excited to be in business with him at Universal Television.” UTA-repped Noyce was most recently based at ABC Studios where he directed the pilot for hot soap Revenge and drama pilot Americana this past season. I hear ABC tried to re-up its deal with Noyce but NBC was aggressive in its pursuit of the Salt helmer. NBC topper Bob Greenblatt has been a fan of Noyce for years and has had a relationship with him since Noyce directed the pilot for the Showtime drama Brotherhood while Greenblatt was running the pay cable network.
Phillip Noyce Signs Deal With Universal TV
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Tim Peper, Mercedes Mason & Josh Pence Cast In AMC Pilot 'White City'
- Adaptation Of Telenovela 'La Reina Del Sur' Ordered To Pilot By USA Network
- 'True Detective': Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn Confirmed As Season 2 Stars & Justin Lin As Director By HBO
- Rocsi Diaz To Exit 'Entertainment Tonight'
- 'Gotham' & 'Scorpion' Off To Solid Start, 'Forever' Preview Soft, 'The Big Bang Theory' & 'The Blacklist' Return Strong, 'Sleepy…
- Finnish Fantasy Series 'Nymphs' To Be Adapted By Entertainment One Television