EXCLUSIVE: Phillip Noyce has closed an exclusive pilot directing/first-look deal with Universal Television. Under the deal, Phillip will direct and executive produce a drama pilot for NBC and the studio this coming pilot season. In addition, Noyce and his longtime manager/producing partner Ross Fineman will develop and executive produce new projects for NBC, with an eye for Noyce to direct one of the projects that they bring in. “We are big fans of Phillip’s feature and TV work,” Uni TV EVP Bela Bajaria said. “He brings a distinct style and point of view to all of his material. We are excited to be in business with him at Universal Television.” UTA-repped Noyce was most recently based at ABC Studios where he directed the pilot for hot soap Revenge and drama pilot Americana this past season. I hear ABC tried to re-up its deal with Noyce but NBC was aggressive in its pursuit of the Salt helmer. NBC topper Bob Greenblatt has been a fan of Noyce for years and has had a relationship with him since Noyce directed the pilot for the Showtime drama Brotherhood while Greenblatt was running the pay cable network.
Phillip Noyce Signs Deal With Universal TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest TV News
- Sony Pictures Television Reshuffles International Production Team
- Olympics Ratings Rise From 2018 Low; Down From 2014 On 2nd Sunday Of Games
- ‘Andi Mack’ Renewed For Third Season On Disney Channel
- David Attenborough’s New Wildlife Series Leads BBC Showcase Deals
- Fergie’s National Anthem Performance Panned At NBA’S All-Star Game
- BBC Studios Scores Non-Scripted Orders From Viacom’s C5 – BBC Showcase