EXCLUSIVE: Phillip Noyce has closed an exclusive pilot directing/first-look deal with Universal Television. Under the deal, Phillip will direct and executive produce a drama pilot for NBC and the studio this coming pilot season. In addition, Noyce and his longtime manager/producing partner Ross Fineman will develop and executive produce new projects for NBC, with an eye for Noyce to direct one of the projects that they bring in. “We are big fans of Phillip’s feature and TV work,” Uni TV EVP Bela Bajaria said. “He brings a distinct style and point of view to all of his material. We are excited to be in business with him at Universal Television.” UTA-repped Noyce was most recently based at ABC Studios where he directed the pilot for hot soap Revenge and drama pilot Americana this past season. I hear ABC tried to re-up its deal with Noyce but NBC was aggressive in its pursuit of the Salt helmer. NBC topper Bob Greenblatt has been a fan of Noyce for years and has had a relationship with him since Noyce directed the pilot for the Showtime drama Brotherhood while Greenblatt was running the pay cable network.
Phillip Noyce Signs Deal With Universal TV
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
'House of Cards' Actor Mahershala Ali On His Departure From The Series And Netflix's Upcoming 'Luke Cage'
Latest TV News
- Telemundo Responds To SAG-AFTRA’s Accusation Of Censorship For Not Airing Ad Critical Of NBCUniversal
- ‘Adam Ruins Everything’ Including The Oscars – With A Little Help From Pete Hammond
- AT&T, HBO Ink All-Platform Content Deal; Programming Set For OTT Service
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Donald Trump’s Doctor Explains “Astonishingly Healthy” Medical Record To NBC News
- NBC Buys Modern-Day Noah’s Ark Drama Produced By Robert Zemeckis