Phase 4 Films President & CEO Berry Meyerowitz says Jordan Galland’s superhero comedy will be released under the new “Kevin Smith’s SModcast Pictures Presents” Banner. It’s scheduled to premiere at the Fantasia Film Festival July 24. Alter Egos is set in a world in which super heroes are real but have recently lost all government funding and public support. Out of that comes a story about an under-appreciated superhero who jeopardizes a dangerous mission with his own emotional crisis, and the girl who comes to his rescue. Phase 4 and SModcast Pictures’ distribution partnership, which was announced earlier this year, will allow Phase 4 to acquire exclusive rights to exhibit and distribute up to 12 films per year under Smith’s banner. Starring are Kris Lemche (Final Destination 3), Brooke Nevin (Breakout Kings), Joey Kern (Super Troopers, Electric City), with John Ventimiglia (Sopranos) and Danny Masterson (That 70’s Show, Men At Work). Musician Sean Lennon, who previously collaborated with Galland on the score of Galland’s film Rosencrantz And Guildenstern Are Undead, contributed an original musical score for the film, and also plays the role of a super villain. The film was produced by Jordan Galland, Carlos Velazquez, Dan Farah of Farah Films (Relativity’s reboot of The Crow, Screen Gem’s Armored), Milan Chakraborty of Attic Light Films, and Executive Produced by Ed McWilliams of Attic Light Films.
Phase 4 Films Acquires US/Canadian Rights To 'Alter Egos'
What's Hot on Deadline
'NCIS' Current & Former Cast & Crew Remember Gary Glasberg: "Our Rock, Our Cheerleader, Our Team Captain" - Update
Latest Film News
- UTA Vs. CAA Agent-Poaching Lawsuit: Judge Officially Hits Pause Button
- Ghost Story Pic ‘The Lodgers’ Sets Lead Cast As Production Begins In Ireland
- ‘Black Panther’ Finds Another Villain: Winston Duke To Play M’Baku/Man-Ape
- Nancy Pelosi To Host Congressional Screening Of Gun Violence Documentary
- ‘Angry Birds’ Helmer Clay Kaytis Aligned With Amblin’s ‘The Lunch Witch’
- Nancy Travis Cast In ‘Bernard And Huey’; Jonathan Baker To Co-Star In ‘Inconceivable’