Phase 4 Films President & CEO Berry Meyerowitz says Jordan Galland’s superhero comedy will be released under the new “Kevin Smith’s SModcast Pictures Presents” Banner. It’s scheduled to premiere at the Fantasia Film Festival July 24. Alter Egos is set in a world in which super heroes are real but have recently lost all government funding and public support. Out of that comes a story about an under-appreciated superhero who jeopardizes a dangerous mission with his own emotional crisis, and the girl who comes to his rescue. Phase 4 and SModcast Pictures’ distribution partnership, which was announced earlier this year, will allow Phase 4 to acquire exclusive rights to exhibit and distribute up to 12 films per year under Smith’s banner. Starring are Kris Lemche (Final Destination 3), Brooke Nevin (Breakout Kings), Joey Kern (Super Troopers, Electric City), with John Ventimiglia (Sopranos) and Danny Masterson (That 70’s Show, Men At Work). Musician Sean Lennon, who previously collaborated with Galland on the score of Galland’s film Rosencrantz And Guildenstern Are Undead, contributed an original musical score for the film, and also plays the role of a super villain. The film was produced by Jordan Galland, Carlos Velazquez, Dan Farah of Farah Films (Relativity’s reboot of The Crow, Screen Gem’s Armored), Milan Chakraborty of Attic Light Films, and Executive Produced by Ed McWilliams of Attic Light Films.
Phase 4 Films Acquires US/Canadian Rights To 'Alter Egos'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Ryan Murphy On The Risk And Reward Of Setting His Own Path – Deadline Disruptors
- Gregg Allman, Pillar of Namesake Southern Rock Band, Dies at 69
- Harvey Weinstein Lauds Certain Regard Jury For Spotlight On Native American Issues In ‘Wind River’ – Cannes
- Un Certain Regard Winners: ‘Wind River’s Taylor Sheridan, ‘A Man Of Integrity’, ‘April’s Daughter’ & More…
- A24 Hits The Festivals & The Oscars With Diverse Slate And Savvy Digital Marketing Strategy — Deadline Disruptors
- ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ Says Ahoy To $86.5M – Int’l Box Office Update