The former Discovery Communications COO will work with the investment firm’s Telecommunications and Media team, based in New York, Carlyle said this morning. James Attwood, who runs the team, called Liguori “a seasoned executive who has run several important media businesses and understands how to create value.” The unit has worked on some of the biggest media deals over the last 12 months including the sale of AMC Entertainment to China’s Wanda Group, and the sale of Insight Communications to Time Warner Cable. It also oversees Carlyle’s investment in Nielsen Holdings. Liguori’s also on the boards of Yahoo, MGM, and Topps. Before joining Discovery — where he briefly tried to fix the OWN Network after its stumbling launch last year — the exec became well-known for his work at Fox Entertainment, including a stint overseeing Fox Broadcasting.
Peter Liguori To Consult For Carlyle Group
What's Hot on Deadline
Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney's 'Rogue One' On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening - Preview
'Moana' Pushes 'Office Christmas Party' Off Her Turf; 'La La Land' Hits High Notes - Early AM B.O. Update
'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2' Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019; 'Bad Boys 4' Moves To Memorial Day
Donald Trump On Role In 'Celebrity Apprentice': "Zero Time" But "Big Stake"; Slams CNN As "Fake News"
Latest Film News
- Watch The ‘Rogue One’ World Premiere Livestream Here
- How ‘La La Land’ Director Damien Chazelle, His Team & Lionsgate Faced The Music & Resurrected The Original…
- ‘Toni Erdmann’ Sweeps European Film Awards; Makes History At Message-Heavy Ceremony – Full List
- Arrested ‘Silicon Valley’ Star T.J. Miller Keeps Critics’ Choice Hosting Gig
- ‘Moana’ Pushes ‘Office Christmas Party’ Off Her Turf; ‘La La Land’ Hits High Notes – Early AM…
- Boston Online Film Critics Name ‘Moonlight’ Best Film Of 2016