The former Discovery Communications COO will work with the investment firm’s Telecommunications and Media team, based in New York, Carlyle said this morning. James Attwood, who runs the team, called Liguori “a seasoned executive who has run several important media businesses and understands how to create value.” The unit has worked on some of the biggest media deals over the last 12 months including the sale of AMC Entertainment to China’s Wanda Group, and the sale of Insight Communications to Time Warner Cable. It also oversees Carlyle’s investment in Nielsen Holdings. Liguori’s also on the boards of Yahoo, MGM, and Topps. Before joining Discovery — where he briefly tried to fix the OWN Network after its stumbling launch last year — the exec became well-known for his work at Fox Entertainment, including a stint overseeing Fox Broadcasting.
Peter Liguori To Consult For Carlyle Group
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings