The former Discovery Communications COO will work with the investment firm’s Telecommunications and Media team, based in New York, Carlyle said this morning. James Attwood, who runs the team, called Liguori “a seasoned executive who has run several important media businesses and understands how to create value.” The unit has worked on some of the biggest media deals over the last 12 months including the sale of AMC Entertainment to China’s Wanda Group, and the sale of Insight Communications to Time Warner Cable. It also oversees Carlyle’s investment in Nielsen Holdings. Liguori’s also on the boards of Yahoo, MGM, and Topps. Before joining Discovery — where he briefly tried to fix the OWN Network after its stumbling launch last year — the exec became well-known for his work at Fox Entertainment, including a stint overseeing Fox Broadcasting.
Peter Liguori To Consult For Carlyle Group
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
Latest Film News
- Hilary Swank On Family Dysfunction In ‘What They Had' – Sundance Studio
- Netflix Circling ‘Cloverfield’ Sequel ‘God Particle’?
- 'Search' Wins Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Film Prize – Sundance
- ‘Westworld’s Angela Sarafyan Set For Ted Bundy Pic ‘Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, And Vile’
- ‘MATANGI / MAYA / M.I.A.’ Doc Shines Light On Singer’s Advocacy For Fellow Tamils – Sundance Studio
- Oscars: Female Nominees Tie Record For Most In One Year