The former Discovery Communications COO will work with the investment firm’s Telecommunications and Media team, based in New York, Carlyle said this morning. James Attwood, who runs the team, called Liguori “a seasoned executive who has run several important media businesses and understands how to create value.” The unit has worked on some of the biggest media deals over the last 12 months including the sale of AMC Entertainment to China’s Wanda Group, and the sale of Insight Communications to Time Warner Cable. It also oversees Carlyle’s investment in Nielsen Holdings. Liguori’s also on the boards of Yahoo, MGM, and Topps. Before joining Discovery — where he briefly tried to fix the OWN Network after its stumbling launch last year — the exec became well-known for his work at Fox Entertainment, including a stint overseeing Fox Broadcasting.
Peter Liguori To Consult For Carlyle Group
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'Birdman' Wins Top Film Prize, 'Breaking Bad' Takes Drama Trophy & 'Orange Is The New Black' Nabs Comedy
'American Sniper' Praised By Michael Moore; Calls Bradley Cooper's Performance "One Of The Best Of The Year" - Update
More From Lieberman
- Would A Hollywood Deal With Alibaba Be Cause For Alarm Or Elation?
- Viacom’s Philippe Dauman Made $44.3M In 2014, +19.3%
- Wall Street Wonders: Can DreamWorks Animation Survive Another Failure?
- Sony Says Hack Will Delay Financial Report; Calls Impact “Not Material”
- DreamWorks Animation Restructuring To Cut 500 Jobs With $290M Charge
- PwC Taps Martha Ruiz To Help Oversee Oscar Results