The former Discovery Communications COO will work with the investment firm’s Telecommunications and Media team, based in New York, Carlyle said this morning. James Attwood, who runs the team, called Liguori “a seasoned executive who has run several important media businesses and understands how to create value.” The unit has worked on some of the biggest media deals over the last 12 months including the sale of AMC Entertainment to China’s Wanda Group, and the sale of Insight Communications to Time Warner Cable. It also oversees Carlyle’s investment in Nielsen Holdings. Liguori’s also on the boards of Yahoo, MGM, and Topps. Before joining Discovery — where he briefly tried to fix the OWN Network after its stumbling launch last year — the exec became well-known for his work at Fox Entertainment, including a stint overseeing Fox Broadcasting.
Peter Liguori To Consult For Carlyle Group
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- AMC Joins Opposition To 'Crouching Tiger 2′; IMAX Chief Urges Theaters To Reconsider
- FCC Spikes Its Sports Blackout Rules
- Regal Won't Show 'Crouching Tiger 2′ On Its IMAX Screens
- DreamWorks Animation's Negotiations With SoftBank Have Cooled: Report
- What Is SoftBank, And Why Might It Want DreamWorks Animation?
- UPDATE: Deal Talk Lifts DreamWorks Animation Shares While Analysts Question Its Logic