BREAKING: Peter Jackson has just confirmed he will split The Hobbit into three films, the third of which will be released sometime in summer 2014. Jackson dropped hints about this at Comic-Con, explaining he had a wealth of storytelling that came from 125 pages of appendices that JRR Tolkien included in a later publication of The Return Of The King, the final installment of The Lord Of The Rings. I wrote a piece skeptical of milking three movies out of a single book, and 125 pages of notes, and I hope that Jackson delivers the goods. I don’t believe there have been any renegotiation with talent that should be paid an extra check for another film, even if they didn’t know they were making three. Those details are still being worked out.
Peter Jackson Confirms 'The Hobbit' Will Be Three Films
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- CAA Signs ‘Patti Cake$’ Star Danielle Macdonald
- Bruce Willis Pacts Pair Of Films With Emmett/Furla/Oasis
- Helen Mirren To Narrate ‘Cries From Syria’ For HBO Bow
- Eric Heisserer-Backed TV Series ‘The Scrawl’ Among First Projects For Newbie Penchant Entertainment
- Beware, Oscar Voters: Final Academy Award Ballots Due Today!
- Viacom Looks Beyond Brad Grey Era Toward Future Of Paramount