BREAKING: Peter Jackson has just confirmed he will split The Hobbit into three films, the third of which will be released sometime in summer 2014. Jackson dropped hints about this at Comic-Con, explaining he had a wealth of storytelling that came from 125 pages of appendices that JRR Tolkien included in a later publication of The Return Of The King, the final installment of The Lord Of The Rings. I wrote a piece skeptical of milking three movies out of a single book, and 125 pages of notes, and I hope that Jackson delivers the goods. I don’t believe there have been any renegotiation with talent that should be paid an extra check for another film, even if they didn’t know they were making three. Those details are still being worked out.
Peter Jackson Confirms 'The Hobbit' Will Be Three Films
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Latest Film News
- CAA Promotes Quartet Of Trainees
- ‘Battle Of The Sexes’ Review: Emma Stone & Steve Carell Are Matchless And Top Of Their Game
- Zack Snyder Films ‘Snow Steam Iron’ On iPhone
- ‘Glee’ Alum Harry Shum Jr. Joins Sylvester Stallone In ‘Escape Plan 3’
- Beau Willimon Elected President Of WGA East
- Kathrine Narducci Cast In Martin Scorsese’s Crime Drama ‘The Irishman’