BREAKING: Peter Jackson has just confirmed he will split The Hobbit into three films, the third of which will be released sometime in summer 2014. Jackson dropped hints about this at Comic-Con, explaining he had a wealth of storytelling that came from 125 pages of appendices that JRR Tolkien included in a later publication of The Return Of The King, the final installment of The Lord Of The Rings. I wrote a piece skeptical of milking three movies out of a single book, and 125 pages of notes, and I hope that Jackson delivers the goods. I don’t believe there have been any renegotiation with talent that should be paid an extra check for another film, even if they didn’t know they were making three. Those details are still being worked out.
Peter Jackson Confirms 'The Hobbit' Will Be Three Films
What's Hot on Deadline
James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series 'The Deuce': It's Not Misogyny, It's Business - TCA
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
Trevor Noah Discusses Donald Trump Transgender Troop Firing With Two Army Veterans On 'The Daily Show'
Latest Film News
- ‘Ghost In The Shell’ Star Chin Han To Scale ‘Skyscraper’ With Dwayne Johnson
- Netflix ‘Triple Frontier’ Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal…
- Potential ‘Citizen Kane’ & ‘Cat People’ TV Series At Heart Of RKO Lawsuit
- Susan Lacy Explains Making Of Her Steven Spielberg Documentary For HBO – TCA
- Tim Burton’s Live-Action ‘Dumbo’ Adds ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actor DeObia Oparei
- ‘UnReal’ Star Caitlin FitzGerald Joins ‘The Man Who Killed Hitler Then The Bigfoot’