BREAKING: Peter Jackson has just confirmed he will split The Hobbit into three films, the third of which will be released sometime in summer 2014. Jackson dropped hints about this at Comic-Con, explaining he had a wealth of storytelling that came from 125 pages of appendices that JRR Tolkien included in a later publication of The Return Of The King, the final installment of The Lord Of The Rings. I wrote a piece skeptical of milking three movies out of a single book, and 125 pages of notes, and I hope that Jackson delivers the goods. I don’t believe there have been any renegotiation with talent that should be paid an extra check for another film, even if they didn’t know they were making three. Those details are still being worked out.
Peter Jackson Confirms 'The Hobbit' Will Be Three Films
What's Hot on Deadline
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: At $242M+ Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats ‘Last Jedi’
- George & Amal Clooney Donate $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Will Others In Hollywood Follow?
- Vivendi Restructure Brings Together Film & TV Divisions Studiocanal & Canal Plus
- Galway Film Festival Hires William Fitzgerald As Programmer
- Joaquin Phoenix Discovers Another Side To Film Festivals At Berlin
- ‘Black Panther’: Hollywood Cannot Stop Praising The Groundbreaking Marvel Blockbuster