BREAKING: Peter Jackson has just confirmed he will split The Hobbit into three films, the third of which will be released sometime in summer 2014. Jackson dropped hints about this at Comic-Con, explaining he had a wealth of storytelling that came from 125 pages of appendices that JRR Tolkien included in a later publication of The Return Of The King, the final installment of The Lord Of The Rings. I wrote a piece skeptical of milking three movies out of a single book, and 125 pages of notes, and I hope that Jackson delivers the goods. I don’t believe there have been any renegotiation with talent that should be paid an extra check for another film, even if they didn’t know they were making three. Those details are still being worked out.
Peter Jackson Confirms 'The Hobbit' Will Be Three Films
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
'Triple Frontier' Finally Going: Affleck, Isaac, Pascal, Hunnam, Hedlund, Arjona In JC Chandor's Lineup
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Latest Film News
- MGM Chairman/CEO Gary Barber Leaving Company After Eight Years At The Helm
- ‘Sicario: Day of the Soldado’ Trailer: Benicio Del Toro & Josh Brolin Are Locked And Loaded For A New…
- ‘I Can Only Imagine’ Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe’s Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
- Deadline’s 2017 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament Gets Underway: No. 10 ‘Get Out’
- Glynn Turman, Stephanie Turner To Topline ‘Justine’; Jackson Rathbone, Kerri Medders Cast In ‘Do Not Reply…
- The Weinstein Company’s 363 Bankruptcy Filing Tonight In Delaware?