The parents of a stuntman killed last year in an explosion on a 2nd unit location for The Expendables 2 in Bulgaria have filed suit in Los Angeles Superior Court against NuImage, Millennium Films and individuals associated with the production. The lawsuit filed today alleges negligence in the death of Kun Liu, son of plaintiffs Zong Yu Liu and Yan Mei Bai. Liu was killed in the blast at Lake Ognyanovo about 15 miles outside Sofia. Another stuntman, Nuo Sun, was seriously injured in the accident. The lawsuit says the explosion occurred October 27, 2011 on or near a “rubber boat” during filming of a stunt for the movie. Liu’s parents are seeking general and economic damages to be determined in a jury trial plus funeral and burial expenses and court costs.
Lawsuit Filed Over Stuntman's Death During 'Expendables 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Wonders If Donald Trump Will Be POTUS By Friday After Tuesday's Bonkers Press Conference
Jimmy Fallon Gets Serious In Late-Night Monologue; Delivers Emotional Attack On Trump After Charlottesville
'Deadpool 2' Stunt Crash Victim ID'd As First African-American Female Pro Road Racer; Director & Fox "Deeply Saddened" - Update
Latest Film News
- Good Universe, Point Grey Board Adolescent Comedy ‘Good Boys’ From ‘The Office’ Team
- WGA West: Donald Trump “Disgraces Our Nation”
- ‘Tulip Fever’ Release Date Shifts Into September
- Paramount Keeping ‘M:I 6 – Mission Impossible’ Date Despite Broken Ankle For Tom Cruise
- ADG Awards: Art Directors Guild Draws Up New Category For Animated Feature Production Design
- Indie Comedy ‘The Truth About Lies’ Scores Deal With Newcomer Blue Fox