Open Road is moving its comedy Hit And Run from Friday, August 24 to Wednesday, August 22. The distributor made the move after testing the film and wanting to squeeze out more summer business. The film was directed by Dax Shepard and David Palmer and stars Shepard, Kristen Bell, Bradley Cooper, Tom Arnold and Kristin Chenoweth. Shepard plays a man who risks all to bust out of witness protection to transport his fiance to L.A. for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. He has Feds and gangsters on his tail. “We’ve been getting fantastic reactions at screenings around the country all summer, from Bonnaroo to Comic-Con,” said Open Road marketing president Jason Cassidy. “We’re confident that an extra two days in the marketplace will result in positive word of mouth and a nice boost for the Hit And Run opening.”
Open Road Moves Up 'Hit And Run' Release
What's Hot on Deadline
After Protests, Mandy Patinkin Drops Plan To Take Over Lead In Broadway's 'Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet Of 1812'
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest Film News
- ‘Dunkirk’ Currently Pushing ‘Emoji Movie’ Out Of Top Spot With $28M+ – Late Night Update
- Patti Deutsch Dies: ‘Laugh-In’ And ‘Match Game’ Regular & Veteran Voice Actor Was 73
- ‘An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth To Power’ Review: Al Gore Back & More Vital Than Ever
- AT&T Formally Positions John Stankey To Run Time Warner’s Assets
- ‘Last Flag Flying’ Moves To Lionsgate And Up A Week On Release Schedule
- Lionsgate’s Jon Feltheimer Made $35.3M In Latest Fiscal Year, Up 223%