Open Road is moving its comedy Hit And Run from Friday, August 24 to Wednesday, August 22. The distributor made the move after testing the film and wanting to squeeze out more summer business. The film was directed by Dax Shepard and David Palmer and stars Shepard, Kristen Bell, Bradley Cooper, Tom Arnold and Kristin Chenoweth. Shepard plays a man who risks all to bust out of witness protection to transport his fiance to L.A. for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. He has Feds and gangsters on his tail. “We’ve been getting fantastic reactions at screenings around the country all summer, from Bonnaroo to Comic-Con,” said Open Road marketing president Jason Cassidy. “We’re confident that an extra two days in the marketplace will result in positive word of mouth and a nice boost for the Hit And Run opening.”
Open Road Moves Up 'Hit And Run' Release
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'
- Electric Entertainment To Co-Fi Anthony Hopkins Pic 'Go With Me'
- Jacki Weaver Joins James Franco's 'Zeroville'
- Martin Scorsese & Amir Bar-Lev Truckin' On Grateful Dead Documentary Film
- TWC Acquires April Prosser Script 'Plus One'
- Brad Pitt Squirms 'Between Two Ferns': Video