Open Road is moving its comedy Hit And Run from Friday, August 24 to Wednesday, August 22. The distributor made the move after testing the film and wanting to squeeze out more summer business. The film was directed by Dax Shepard and David Palmer and stars Shepard, Kristen Bell, Bradley Cooper, Tom Arnold and Kristin Chenoweth. Shepard plays a man who risks all to bust out of witness protection to transport his fiance to L.A. for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. He has Feds and gangsters on his tail. “We’ve been getting fantastic reactions at screenings around the country all summer, from Bonnaroo to Comic-Con,” said Open Road marketing president Jason Cassidy. “We’re confident that an extra two days in the marketplace will result in positive word of mouth and a nice boost for the Hit And Run opening.”
Open Road Moves Up 'Hit And Run' Release
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Does TV Hurt Movie Careers? 'True Detective's Matthew McConaughey Coveted For 'The Stand' And 'Gold'
- Tobey Maguire's Material Signs Oscar Sharp To Blind Deal Off Short Pic 'The Karman Line'
- Circle Of Confusion's Brad Mendelsohn To Head Lit Department
- Andrew Dominik To Script 'Shaolin Temple' For Helmer Justin Lin
- Brad Grey Takes ALS Plunge With Help From Johnny Knoxville
- EMMYS: Deadline's Live-Blog Special Guest: 'Sons Of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter