Open Road is moving its comedy Hit And Run from Friday, August 24 to Wednesday, August 22. The distributor made the move after testing the film and wanting to squeeze out more summer business. The film was directed by Dax Shepard and David Palmer and stars Shepard, Kristen Bell, Bradley Cooper, Tom Arnold and Kristin Chenoweth. Shepard plays a man who risks all to bust out of witness protection to transport his fiance to L.A. for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. He has Feds and gangsters on his tail. “We’ve been getting fantastic reactions at screenings around the country all summer, from Bonnaroo to Comic-Con,” said Open Road marketing president Jason Cassidy. “We’re confident that an extra two days in the marketplace will result in positive word of mouth and a nice boost for the Hit And Run opening.”
Open Road Moves Up 'Hit And Run' Release
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
‘70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
'True Lies' Stuntman Joel Kramer Dropped By Talent Agency After Eliza Dushku Accused Him Of Sexual Assault
Latest Film News
- STX President Sophie Watts Stepping Down
- Jane Fonda, Common & Gloria Allred To Speak At Sundance Respect Rally
- Hugh Wilson Dies: ‘WKRP In Cincinnati’ Creator Who Helmed ‘Police Academy’ & ‘First Wives Club…
- The Flash Movie: John Francis Daley & Jonathan Goldstein In Talks To Direct
- MPAA: Hollywood Is Key Driver Of U.S. Economy With $49 Billion Payout, Salaries Much Higher Than Nat’l Average
- Sam Rockwell To Receive Santa Barbara’s American Riviera Honor