EXCLUSIVE: Radha Mitchell has joined the cast of Olympus Has Fallen. The actress will play “Leah” the wife of Gerard Butler‘s Secret Service character in the White House thriller. Mitchell, who starts filming next week in Shreveport, Louisiana, joins Butler, Angela Bassett and Aaron Eckhart in the film. Olympus Has Fallen sees the president, played by Eckhart, and key members of his administration taken hostage. Butler’s character tries to stop the terrorist plot. Antoine Fuqua is directing. Mark Gill, Alan Siegel and Butler are producing the Millennium Films project. Avi Lerner and Trevor Short are executive producing. Mitchell also plays the lead in ABC’s new drama series Red Widow. (see the trailer here) Based on an Dutch series, Red Widow is about a woman pulled back into her family’s criminal past. The show, written and executive produced by The Twilight Saga screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg and produced by ABC Studios, starts filming its season in Vancouver in August. Radha Mitchell is repped by ICM Partners and managed by Rick Ax.
'Olympus Has Fallen' Adds Radha Mitchell
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox Knew About Bill O'Reilly's Big Sexual Harassment Settlement When They Renewed His Contract - Update
Latest Film News
- Josh Brolin Opens Up About Death Of ‘Deadpool 2’ Stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris
- Sex Abuse Silence Is Over, But Even The Academy Is Entitled To A Defense
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director Received Multiple Threats From Suge Knight, Court Records Claim
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations