EXCLUSIVE: Olivia Wilde, Ron Livingston and Jake M. Johnson are now Drinking Buddies. The trio joins Anna Kendrick in the cast of Joe Swanberg’s indie improv comedy. Drinking Buddies centers on a fun and flirtatious friendship that goes off the rails. Wilde and New Girl co-star Johnson play the couple in the out-of-control relationship. Swanberg, who has helmed over a dozen micro-budget features, will direct in Chicago later this summer. Andrea Roa, Alicia Van Couvering, Sam Slater and Paul Bernon will produce. Mike Witherill, Anish Savjani and David Kaplan are executive producing. CAA packaged and reps the film’s domestic distribution rights. Johnson is repped by UTA and 3 Arts Entertainment. Livingston, who recently joined the cast of The Pretty One, is repped by UTA and Thruline Entertainment. Wilde is repped by WME and Untitled Entertainment.
Olivia Wilde, Ron Livingston & Jake M. Johnson Join 'Drinking Buddies'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Little People Played Big Enough At A Guild Screening Of Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks