HBO has ordered a second season of its Aaron Sorkin drama The Newsroom and a sixth season of its vampire drama True Blood. The renewal of Newsroom comes just over a week after the debut of the series starring Jeff Daniels — the June 24 premiere drew 2.1 million viewers at 10 PM. That result actually put Newsroom ahead of the 1.4 million viewers True Blood drew for its 2008 series premiere. Still, Newsroom‘s debut number was less than half what True Blood earned at 9 PM on June 24, when it drew 4.7 million viewers across two airings. The sixth-season renewal of Alan Ball’s Southern vampire series comes less than a month after the kickoff of Season 5.
HBO Renews Aaron Sorkin's 'The Newsroom' And 'True Blood'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Cinemax Is Now Available To Cord Cutters Via Sling TV
- Jimmy Fallon Brings Bernie Sanders’ Message To ‘Tonight Show’
- ‘Outlander’ Sets April Premiere On Starz, Unveils Teaser Art
- Jared Padalecki Confirmed To Return For ‘Gilmore Girls’ Revival
- Sky Arts To Tell Neil Gaiman’s ‘Likely Stories’ With George MacKay, Tom Hughes
- ‘Top Gear’ Confirms Hosts Set To Join Chris Evans, Matt LeBlanc For BBC Reboot