HBO has ordered a second season of its Aaron Sorkin drama The Newsroom and a sixth season of its vampire drama True Blood. The renewal of Newsroom comes just over a week after the debut of the series starring Jeff Daniels — the June 24 premiere drew 2.1 million viewers at 10 PM. That result actually put Newsroom ahead of the 1.4 million viewers True Blood drew for its 2008 series premiere. Still, Newsroom‘s debut number was less than half what True Blood earned at 9 PM on June 24, when it drew 4.7 million viewers across two airings. The sixth-season renewal of Alan Ball’s Southern vampire series comes less than a month after the kickoff of Season 5.
HBO Renews Aaron Sorkin's 'The Newsroom' And 'True Blood'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Patten
- ‘Man Of The Year’ Filmmaker Dirk Shafer Found Dead
- Albert Maysles Dies: Documentary Filmmaker Was 88
- 6;American Crime’ Ratings Solid In Debut, ‘Blacklist’ Down, ‘Slap’ & ‘Backstrom…
- ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’ Review: Tina Fey Netflix Comedy More Than Funny, Says Dominic Patten
- Harrison Ford “OK” After L.A. Plane Crash, Says Son
- ‘DIG’ Review: USA Network Event Series Not Very Deep, Says Dominic Patten