HBO has ordered a second season of its Aaron Sorkin drama The Newsroom and a sixth season of its vampire drama True Blood. The renewal of Newsroom comes just over a week after the debut of the series starring Jeff Daniels — the June 24 premiere drew 2.1 million viewers at 10 PM. That result actually put Newsroom ahead of the 1.4 million viewers True Blood drew for its 2008 series premiere. Still, Newsroom‘s debut number was less than half what True Blood earned at 9 PM on June 24, when it drew 4.7 million viewers across two airings. The sixth-season renewal of Alan Ball’s Southern vampire series comes less than a month after the kickoff of Season 5.
HBO Renews Aaron Sorkin's 'The Newsroom' And 'True Blood'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Marion Goldin Dies: Longtime ’60 Minutes’ Producer Was 76
- ‘The Originals’ Season Finale Ratings Even With 2016, ‘WWYD?’ Returns Steady
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Pledges Contribution To Activist Labeled “Anti-Muslim Extremist”
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘The Exorcist’: Jason Ensler Joins Fox Drama Series As Executive Producer
- Stephen Colbert Announces Possible White House Run In 2020, On Russian TV