HBO has ordered a second season of its Aaron Sorkin drama The Newsroom and a sixth season of its vampire drama True Blood. The renewal of Newsroom comes just over a week after the debut of the series starring Jeff Daniels — the June 24 premiere drew 2.1 million viewers at 10 PM. That result actually put Newsroom ahead of the 1.4 million viewers True Blood drew for its 2008 series premiere. Still, Newsroom‘s debut number was less than half what True Blood earned at 9 PM on June 24, when it drew 4.7 million viewers across two airings. The sixth-season renewal of Alan Ball’s Southern vampire series comes less than a month after the kickoff of Season 5.
HBO Renews Aaron Sorkin's 'The Newsroom' And 'True Blood'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Fox News Channel Dominates Cable News During Donald Trump’s Afghanistan Speech
- Michael Bolton On His ‘Honest Trailers’ Debut & New Comedic Outlet Alongside Andy Signore: “How Did This All Happen?”…
- ‘Maniac’: Sonoya Mizuno Cast As Regular & Julia Garner To Recur In Emma Stone-Jonah Hill Netflix Series
- Anthony Scaramucci Delivers Stephen Colbert His Second Biggest Weekly Win Ever
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 7 Finale Clocks In As Series’ Longest Ever
- ‘The Night Of’ Emmy Nominee Michael Kenneth Williams On Nephew’s Experience Of “Heavy World”…