HBO has ordered a second season of its Aaron Sorkin drama The Newsroom and a sixth season of its vampire drama True Blood. The renewal of Newsroom comes just over a week after the debut of the series starring Jeff Daniels — the June 24 premiere drew 2.1 million viewers at 10 PM. That result actually put Newsroom ahead of the 1.4 million viewers True Blood drew for its 2008 series premiere. Still, Newsroom‘s debut number was less than half what True Blood earned at 9 PM on June 24, when it drew 4.7 million viewers across two airings. The sixth-season renewal of Alan Ball’s Southern vampire series comes less than a month after the kickoff of Season 5.
HBO Renews Aaron Sorkin's 'The Newsroom' And 'True Blood'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Patten
- ICM Partners' Interns Lawsuit Mediation Set For December
- 'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Score For CBS, 'Bad Judge' Falls, 'Scandal' & 'How To Get Away With Murder' Steady, 'Reign' Up
- 'Transporter: The Series' Ratings OK For TNT Debut
- Aereo's Last Legal Hope Dashed As Court Grants Nationwide Injunction
- 'SNL' Intern Lawsuit Settlement: NBCU To Pay $6.4M With $1.2M Going To Lawyers