The Motion Picture & Television Fund (MPTF) today announced a gift of $20 million from News Corporation for its MPTF Campaign. Fox’s Filmed Entertainment co-chairman and CEO Jim Gianopulos sits on the MPTF board. “Rupert Murdoch has been a major donor to MPTF for nearly twenty years,” said Jeffrey Katzenberg, chairman of the MPTF Campaign. “He was one of the first people I approached when I became involved as Chairman of the MPTF Foundation in 1991. He said yes then and has never stopped, and now this incredible commitment from News Corporation is the ultimate expression of generosity.” Murdoch said, “The MPTF is vital to the long-term health of the entertainment industry and provides crucial support to many valued members of the creative community. I’m so pleased we can play a role in its ongoing success and hope that this commitment will spur others within the entertainment community to get involved and join this important mission.”
News Corp Contributes $20M To MPTF
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video
- David Yates In Talks For 'Harry Potter' Spin-Off 'Fantastic Beasts'
- Damon Lindelof Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video