Former Warner Bros digital marketing executive Kelly Bennett joins Netflix as chief marketing officer at a time when the focus is intensifying on commissioning original programming, the company said. A nine-year Warner Bros veteran, Bennett led the international online campaigns for the latest Harry Potter and Sherlock Holmes movies as well as the just-released Dark Knight Rises. His most recent post at Warner Bros was vice president, interactive, worldwide marketing. In his new job, Bennett will report to Netflix CEO Reed Hastings.
Netflix Appoints Warner Bros' Kelly Bennett As Chief Marketing Officer
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM