EXCLUSIVE: Broadway leading man Sebastian Arcelus has joined the cast of Netflix’s upcoming House Of Cards. Arcelus, who has had leading onstage roles in ELF as well as Jersey Boys and Wicked, will play newspaper editor Lucas Goodwin in the David Fincher-produced political drama starring Kevin Spacey. As well as produce, Fincher will direct the first two episodes of the series, which is scheduled to debut next year. Netflix has ordered 26 episodes to play over two seasons. The series, based on Michael Dobbs’ novel and the 1990 UK series of the same name, features Spacey as Rep. Frank Underwood, the House of Representatives Majority Whip who devises a scheme to bring down the new president and take the Oval Office for himself after being passed over for Secretary of State. Michael Gill plays President Garrett Walker. Robin Wright plays Underwood’s wife. Corey Stoll is also in the cast as is Sakina Jaffrey as the White House Chief of Staff, Kate Mara, Wass Stevens, Constance Zimmer as a journalist, Mahershala Ali, Jayne Atkinson and Sandrine Holt. Media Rights Capital is producing House of Cards. Arcelus is repped by Paradigm.
Netflix's 'House of Cards' Adds Broadway's Sebastian Arcelus To Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Tracy Morgan Talks Brooklyn Gentrification, Halloween Costume With Jimmy Kimmel
- TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
- Dodgers Clinch World Series Berth; Can Yankees Complete Major TV Market Sweep?
- Fox Buys Native American Family Comedy From Lucas Brown Eyes & ‘It’s KatzSmith
- Sean Penn Calls Netflix’s ‘El Chapo’ Docu “Cheap” & “Reckless”; It’s Still…
- CBS Developing ‘Whistleblower’ Drama From Chris Silber & Jerry Bruckheimer TV