EXCLUSIVE: Broadway leading man Sebastian Arcelus has joined the cast of Netflix’s upcoming House Of Cards. Arcelus, who has had leading onstage roles in ELF as well as Jersey Boys and Wicked, will play newspaper editor Lucas Goodwin in the David Fincher-produced political drama starring Kevin Spacey. As well as produce, Fincher will direct the first two episodes of the series, which is scheduled to debut next year. Netflix has ordered 26 episodes to play over two seasons. The series, based on Michael Dobbs’ novel and the 1990 UK series of the same name, features Spacey as Rep. Frank Underwood, the House of Representatives Majority Whip who devises a scheme to bring down the new president and take the Oval Office for himself after being passed over for Secretary of State. Michael Gill plays President Garrett Walker. Robin Wright plays Underwood’s wife. Corey Stoll is also in the cast as is Sakina Jaffrey as the White House Chief of Staff, Kate Mara, Wass Stevens, Constance Zimmer as a journalist, Mahershala Ali, Jayne Atkinson and Sandrine Holt. Media Rights Capital is producing House of Cards. Arcelus is repped by Paradigm.
Netflix's 'House of Cards' Adds Broadway's Sebastian Arcelus To Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest TV News
- Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: “Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won’t Stand For Hate And Racism”
- ‘SNL’: Tina Fey Endorses Anti-Hate Cake; Jimmy Fallon, Seth Meyers Do Forefathers
- Barcelona Terrorist Attack: Police Thwart Second Plot After 13 Killed, 100+ Hurt In City – Update
- ‘For the People’ Creator Paul William Davies Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- ‘The Tick’ Review: Amazon’s First Superhero Series Works Best Weird
- ‘Shut Eye’ Casts Rowena King; Jeremy Bobb In ‘Escape At Dannemora’