EXCLUSIVE: Broadway leading man Sebastian Arcelus has joined the cast of Netflix’s upcoming House Of Cards. Arcelus, who has had leading onstage roles in ELF as well as Jersey Boys and Wicked, will play newspaper editor Lucas Goodwin in the David Fincher-produced political drama starring Kevin Spacey. As well as produce, Fincher will direct the first two episodes of the series, which is scheduled to debut next year. Netflix has ordered 26 episodes to play over two seasons. The series, based on Michael Dobbs’ novel and the 1990 UK series of the same name, features Spacey as Rep. Frank Underwood, the House of Representatives Majority Whip who devises a scheme to bring down the new president and take the Oval Office for himself after being passed over for Secretary of State. Michael Gill plays President Garrett Walker. Robin Wright plays Underwood’s wife. Corey Stoll is also in the cast as is Sakina Jaffrey as the White House Chief of Staff, Kate Mara, Wass Stevens, Constance Zimmer as a journalist, Mahershala Ali, Jayne Atkinson and Sandrine Holt. Media Rights Capital is producing House of Cards. Arcelus is repped by Paradigm.
Netflix's 'House of Cards' Adds Broadway's Sebastian Arcelus To Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Sets $12M Pantelion Record, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty With $10M+, 'Circle' A Square As 'F8' Leads Listless Weekend
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office; Tops 'Furious 7' For New China Record
Latest TV News
- Kelly Ripa Teases Monday Announcement Of New ‘Live’ Co-Host
- ‘Orange Is The New Black’ Hacker Shares Stolen Episodes; Blog Publishes List Of Possible Additional Shows…
- WGA & AMPTP: Rare Sunday Talks “Moving Closer” To Deal
- Morning After: Samantha Bee Shrugs Off Jake Tapper’s “Smug Liberal” Question
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?