DreamWorks Studios‘ feature film based on the Electronic Arts video game franchise will be released wide by Disney on February 7, 2014. DreamWorks offically acquired feature film rights to the property last month after setting Act Of Valor co-director Scott Waugh to direct. George and John Gatins developed the original story and George is writing the script; John is producing with Mark Sourian. Need For Speed was the first major project expenditure DreamWorks made once the company came out of suspended animation while waiting for Reliance to invest cash in a re-up. The video game series has sold more than 140 million units worldwide.
Disney Sets 'Need For Speed' Release For Feb. 7, 2014
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE