DreamWorks Studios‘ feature film based on the Electronic Arts video game franchise will be released wide by Disney on February 7, 2014. DreamWorks offically acquired feature film rights to the property last month after setting Act Of Valor co-director Scott Waugh to direct. George and John Gatins developed the original story and George is writing the script; John is producing with Mark Sourian. Need For Speed was the first major project expenditure DreamWorks made once the company came out of suspended animation while waiting for Reliance to invest cash in a re-up. The video game series has sold more than 140 million units worldwide.
Disney Sets 'Need For Speed' Release For Feb. 7, 2014
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- The Academy On Best Picture Oscar Snafu: “We Deeply Regret The Mistake”
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Takes “Full Responsibility” For Best Picture Blunder In New Apology
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- U.S. State Department Deletes Tweet Congratulating Iranian Director After ‘Salesman’ Oscar Win
- Jaime King To Stir It Up In ‘How To Cook Your Daughter’
- Netflix Sees $1.5B Lawsuit From Relativity Slimmed Down By Judge