DreamWorks Studios‘ feature film based on the Electronic Arts video game franchise will be released wide by Disney on February 7, 2014. DreamWorks offically acquired feature film rights to the property last month after setting Act Of Valor co-director Scott Waugh to direct. George and John Gatins developed the original story and George is writing the script; John is producing with Mark Sourian. Need For Speed was the first major project expenditure DreamWorks made once the company came out of suspended animation while waiting for Reliance to invest cash in a re-up. The video game series has sold more than 140 million units worldwide.
Disney Sets 'Need For Speed' Release For Feb. 7, 2014
What's Hot on Deadline
How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became 'The Tale', A Movie I Hope Will Change The World - Guest Column
Latest Film News
- Kate Bosworth, Michael Polish Launch Montana Art School; Night Fox To Produce Horror Pic ‘Streetwalkers’…
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became ‘The Tale’, A Movie I Hope Will Change The World…
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer
- ‘Insidious: The Last Key’ Locks Up $100M+ Overseas For Franchise First
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”