NBC Sports Group and Time Inc. Sports Group are teaming up to produce a monthly TV show titled Sports Illustrated. The announcement was made today by Jon Miller, President of Programming, NBC Sports and NBC Sports Network and Time Inc. Sports Group President Mark Ford. The show will feature segments, original reporting and commentary from SI’s journalists as well as spotlight stories from the past. The show, sponsored by Lexus, will premiere on the NBC Sports Network on July 24, just three days before the Opening Ceremony from the 2012 London Games. Subsequent new episodes with originate on either NBC Sports Network or NBC. Emmy Award-winning Red Line Films has been tapped to produce.
NBC Sports Network To Launch 'Sports Illustrated' Magazine Show
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest TV News
- Univision & Verizon Reach Deal, Restoring Stations
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- ‘Hawaii Five-O’ Ratings Top Night Again, ’20/20′ Hits Viewership Season High
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump