You’ll like this news if you enjoy seeing men try to give each other brain trauma. NBC’s cable sports channel says this morning that it has renewed its Fight Night series of Saturday matches for a second season, and plans to up the number of bouts to 16 from six — with at least six matches a year. NBC Sports President Jon Miller adds that NBC Sports Group will try to book as many as two Fight Night broadcasts on NBC. The company says that its deal with Main Events and matchmaker J Russell Peltz will give any promoter “the opportunity to get their boxers involved in these programs and allows viewers the ability to see world class match-ups that would not otherwise take place.” Peltz adds that the fights “have been promoted the old-fashioned way, in sold-out noisy venues in Philadelphia, Brooklyn, Bethlehem and Newark. This is the way boxing was meant to be.” Kenny Rice will remain the play-by-play commentator, joined by boxing trainer Freddie Roach and cruiserweight contender B.J. Flores. Chris Mannix will continue to be the ringside reporter.
NBC Sports Network Renews 'Fight Night'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Marvel's The Defenders' Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series - Comic-Con
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
From ‘Fauda’s Assaf Bernstein On ‘Rose Madder' To ‘The Shining’ Onstage: What’s Behind Stephen King’s Hollywood Renaissance?
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
Latest TV News
- ‘Marvel’s The Defenders’ Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series…
- ‘Vikings’ Gets Trailer & Season Premiere Date – Comic-Con
- Crime Experts On Bellum Entertainment Shows Halt Work Until Back Wages Are Paid
- Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy ‘Saturday Night Live’ Parody “Funny”; Sean Hannity Reminds Him…
- ‘Iron Fist’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix – Comic-Con
- ‘The Punisher’ Drops New Teaser In Hall H – Comic-Con