EXCLUSIVE: I’ve learned that National Geographic Television president Maryanne Culpepper has exited the studio/documentary arm of the National Geographic Society, which produces programing for the National Geographic Channels, including National Geographic Explorer, as well as specials and series for other networks like PBS. Culpepper spent 16 years at NatGeo TV and was named president in April 2011. I hear the change at the top is part of National Geographic Society’s plan to overhaul and modernize its TV operation, expanding its production capabilities.
National Geographic Television President Maryanne Culpepper Departs
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jack Reacher 2' Arm-Wrestling 'Madea' For No. 1; Audiences Aren't 'Keeping Up With The Joneses' - Midday Update
Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Music Pioneer Sam Phillips; Launched Elvis, Howlin' Wolf, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis
Cyber Attack Was 'Malicious,' Homeland Security Monitoring As Twitter, Netflix Come Back Online - Updated
Latest TV News
- Netflix Emma Stone-Jonah Hill Series ‘Maniac’ From Cary Fukunaga Finds Writer
- ‘Bonus Family’ Comedy Based On Swedish Format Set At NBC From Mandeville TV
- ABC Buys Female Ensemble Comedy From ‘Faking It’ Creators
- Ellen Wong Joins Netflix’s ‘G.L.O.W.; ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Adds Sydney Morton
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- ABC Buys Couples Comedy From Amy Harris, Ben Silverman & Jordan Schur