EXCLUSIVE: I’ve learned that National Geographic Television president Maryanne Culpepper has exited the studio/documentary arm of the National Geographic Society, which produces programing for the National Geographic Channels, including National Geographic Explorer, as well as specials and series for other networks like PBS. Culpepper spent 16 years at NatGeo TV and was named president in April 2011. I hear the change at the top is part of National Geographic Society’s plan to overhaul and modernize its TV operation, expanding its production capabilities.
National Geographic Television President Maryanne Culpepper Departs
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'