MTV has picked up of a third season of Lauren Iungerich’s comedy series Awkward, upping the order size to 20 episode from 12 for the first two seasons. Awkward draws 1.8 million total viewers on Thursday night. In its current second season, in which the comedy was upgraded to a primetime slot after airing at 11 PM last season, it is up 6% from season 1 in the P12-34 demographic. Next for MTV is the launch of new comedy series The Inbetweeners on August 20 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT, followed by the comedic drama Underemployed from Emmy-nominated creator Craig Wright, which will premiere this fall. Awkward stars Ashley Rickards, Beau Mirchoff, Molly Tarlov, Jillian Rose Reed, Brett Davern, Nikki DeLoach, Desi Lydic, Jessica Lu, Mike Faiola and Greer Grammer. Iungerich and Erin Ehrlich serve as executive producers.
MTV's 'Awkward' Renewed For Third Season With 20-Episode Order
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Podcaster Jon Lovett Says CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- NCAA Basketball Tops Friday Ratings; ‘The Originals’, ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Tick Up In Demo