MTV has picked up of a third season of Lauren Iungerich’s comedy series Awkward, upping the order size to 20 episode from 12 for the first two seasons. Awkward draws 1.8 million total viewers on Thursday night. In its current second season, in which the comedy was upgraded to a primetime slot after airing at 11 PM last season, it is up 6% from season 1 in the P12-34 demographic. Next for MTV is the launch of new comedy series The Inbetweeners on August 20 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT, followed by the comedic drama Underemployed from Emmy-nominated creator Craig Wright, which will premiere this fall. Awkward stars Ashley Rickards, Beau Mirchoff, Molly Tarlov, Jillian Rose Reed, Brett Davern, Nikki DeLoach, Desi Lydic, Jessica Lu, Mike Faiola and Greer Grammer. Iungerich and Erin Ehrlich serve as executive producers.
MTV's 'Awkward' Renewed For Third Season With 20-Episode Order
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Will Big Chain Exhibitors Bypass MoviePass & Create Their Own Monthly Movie Ticket Clubs? - CinemaCon
Latest TV News
- ‘She’s Gotta Have It’s DeWanda Wise Discusses Nola Darling, A Fierce Black Female Icon — Tribeca Studio
- Teasing ‘GLOW’ Season 2, Betty Gilpin Unleashes Her Inner Gravitas Clown — Tribeca Studio
- ‘Wango Tango’ Summer Concert Will Be Televised Via Freeform
- ABC News Makes It Official: Amy Robach To Co-Anchor ‘20/20’
- BBC Developing Entertainment Competition Format ‘First And Last’ From Endemol Shine’s Zeppotron
- ‘American Idol’ First: Simulcast Will Allow Live Voting Across The US