MTV has picked up of a third season of Lauren Iungerich’s comedy series Awkward, upping the order size to 20 episode from 12 for the first two seasons. Awkward draws 1.8 million total viewers on Thursday night. In its current second season, in which the comedy was upgraded to a primetime slot after airing at 11 PM last season, it is up 6% from season 1 in the P12-34 demographic. Next for MTV is the launch of new comedy series The Inbetweeners on August 20 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT, followed by the comedic drama Underemployed from Emmy-nominated creator Craig Wright, which will premiere this fall. Awkward stars Ashley Rickards, Beau Mirchoff, Molly Tarlov, Jillian Rose Reed, Brett Davern, Nikki DeLoach, Desi Lydic, Jessica Lu, Mike Faiola and Greer Grammer. Iungerich and Erin Ehrlich serve as executive producers.
MTV's 'Awkward' Renewed For Third Season With 20-Episode Order
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Trailer: Wonder Woman Saves School Children, But Is Superman Still Alive? - Comic-Con
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
'Marvel's The Defenders' Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series - Comic-Con
From ‘Fauda’s Assaf Bernstein On ‘Rose Madder' To ‘The Shining’ Onstage: What’s Behind Stephen King’s Hollywood Renaissance?
Latest TV News
- ‘The Flash’ Season 4 Trailer: Get Ready For A New-Look Team Flash On The CW
- Jake Paul Exits Disney Channel Series ‘Bizaardvark’
- ‘Arrow’: ‘Lost’ Star Michael Emerson To Recur In Season 6; David Nykl Returns, Watch Trailer…
- Comic-Con: ‘Midnight, Texas’ Creator Charlaine Harris “Trusts The Integrity” Of NBC Adaptation
- ‘Ghost Wars’ Trailer: “Unholy Sh*t” Hits Fan In First Look At Syfy Horror Series – Comic-Con
- ‘The Flash’: Neil Sandilands To Play The Thinker; Danny Trejo & Kim Engelbrecht Also Cast – Comic-Con