MTV has picked up of a third season of Lauren Iungerich’s comedy series Awkward, upping the order size to 20 episode from 12 for the first two seasons. Awkward draws 1.8 million total viewers on Thursday night. In its current second season, in which the comedy was upgraded to a primetime slot after airing at 11 PM last season, it is up 6% from season 1 in the P12-34 demographic. Next for MTV is the launch of new comedy series The Inbetweeners on August 20 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT, followed by the comedic drama Underemployed from Emmy-nominated creator Craig Wright, which will premiere this fall. Awkward stars Ashley Rickards, Beau Mirchoff, Molly Tarlov, Jillian Rose Reed, Brett Davern, Nikki DeLoach, Desi Lydic, Jessica Lu, Mike Faiola and Greer Grammer. Iungerich and Erin Ehrlich serve as executive producers.
MTV's 'Awkward' Renewed For Third Season With 20-Episode Order
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe & Brazilian Authorities' Big Fine Demands
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Vice's Shane Smith To Big Media: "Open Sh*t Up" Or Alienate A Generation; Predicts M&A Frenzy; Talks Disney - Edinburgh
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Delivers Fox News Channel’s Second-Best Town Hall Demo Ratings
- Britney Spears TV Movie In Works At Lifetime; Natasha Bassett To Star
- Jon Favreau To Direct Seth MacFarlane’s Space Comedic Drama Series For Fox
- Double Emmy Nominee Derek McLane on ‘Hairspray Live’, Lady Gaga And ‘The Wiz!’
- Viceland Taps Ex-NBC Late-Night PR Exec Marc Liepis As Head of Communications
- ‘Nashville’: Connie Britton No Longer Regular; Will She Leave Country Drama?