MTV has picked up of a third season of Lauren Iungerich’s comedy series Awkward, upping the order size to 20 episode from 12 for the first two seasons. Awkward draws 1.8 million total viewers on Thursday night. In its current second season, in which the comedy was upgraded to a primetime slot after airing at 11 PM last season, it is up 6% from season 1 in the P12-34 demographic. Next for MTV is the launch of new comedy series The Inbetweeners on August 20 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT, followed by the comedic drama Underemployed from Emmy-nominated creator Craig Wright, which will premiere this fall. Awkward stars Ashley Rickards, Beau Mirchoff, Molly Tarlov, Jillian Rose Reed, Brett Davern, Nikki DeLoach, Desi Lydic, Jessica Lu, Mike Faiola and Greer Grammer. Iungerich and Erin Ehrlich serve as executive producers.
MTV's 'Awkward' Renewed For Third Season With 20-Episode Order
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Marvel Confirms Mike Colter As Luke Cage In 'Jessica Jones' Netflix Series
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'