Geez, remember the good old days when Les Moonves used to bitchslap his competition? Now he sounds like he’s running for Mayor Of Broadcastville… Just look at how he’s defending NBC‘s tape-delayed London Olympics coverage. (Which isn’t hurting ratings, by the way…) The CBS Inc chief tells Broadcasting & Cable today he supports NBC’s primetime-first strategy. “They had no alternative to do that. What are they going to do in primetime? They would have had to show events at 5 o’clock in the morning. I don’t know what people expected of them and I think they’re doing a very good job of balancing it. I really do. I think almost definitely we would have done the same thing.”
Moonves Defends NBC's Non-Live Olympics
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story’ At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson’s Supreme ‘Coven’ Character Returning In…
- Sean Hannity Defends Himself After Ted Koppel Says “He's Bad For America” On 'CBS Sunday Morning'
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…