Geez, remember the good old days when Les Moonves used to bitchslap his competition? Now he sounds like he’s running for Mayor Of Broadcastville… Just look at how he’s defending NBC‘s tape-delayed London Olympics coverage. (Which isn’t hurting ratings, by the way…) The CBS Inc chief tells Broadcasting & Cable today he supports NBC’s primetime-first strategy. “They had no alternative to do that. What are they going to do in primetime? They would have had to show events at 5 o’clock in the morning. I don’t know what people expected of them and I think they’re doing a very good job of balancing it. I really do. I think almost definitely we would have done the same thing.”
Moonves Defends NBC's Non-Live Olympics
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- ‘Red Oaks’ Appropriately Channels The ’80s In Faux TV Promo
- Donald Trump’s Debate 3 Performance Outstrips Cubs Game To Win Social Race
- ABC Buys Friends Comedy From ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Co-EP Christina Lee
- Louis C.K., Tracy Morgan & Ryan Reynolds Join ‘Conan’s First New York Week Since 2011
- Obamageddon The Final Ride: POTUS Now In L.A For ‘Kimmel’ & Last Fundraisers
- Why Does Time Warner Want To Sell To AT&T, And What Will It Mean For Media?