The original Monsters Inc is one of the animated movies in the Disney collection to get the 3D rerelease treatment and still is following Finding Nemo 3D, which is due out September 14. Monsters originally was scheduled for January 18, 2013, but the Pixar pic is heading into the Holiday 2012 mix and will now bow December 19, a Wednesday. The 2001 original grossed $256M domestically, and its sequel Monsters University is set for release on June 21, 2013. Last year, the studio had success with its first rerelease venture, The Lion King, which grossed $92M in its 3D form.
Disney Moves Up 'Monsters Inc 3D' To December
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Costume Designers Guild Awards: 'La La Land,’ 'Hidden Figures' & ‘The Crown’ Among Winners…
- Martin Scorsese's Robert De Niro Pic 'The Irishman' Heading To Netflix?
- Leah Adler Dies: Steven Spielberg’s Mother Was 97
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies