The original Monsters Inc is one of the animated movies in the Disney collection to get the 3D rerelease treatment and still is following Finding Nemo 3D, which is due out September 14. Monsters originally was scheduled for January 18, 2013, but the Pixar pic is heading into the Holiday 2012 mix and will now bow December 19, a Wednesday. The 2001 original grossed $256M domestically, and its sequel Monsters University is set for release on June 21, 2013. Last year, the studio had success with its first rerelease venture, The Lion King, which grossed $92M in its 3D form.
Disney Moves Up 'Monsters Inc 3D' To December
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Will Big Chain Exhibitors Bypass MoviePass & Create Their Own Monthly Movie Ticket Clubs? - CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- NAGRA Teams With Cinema Buying Group-NATO For myCinema – CinemaCon
- ‘Song Of Back And Neck’ Tribeca First Look: Paul Lieberstein Makes Adjustment To Directing Movies
- Social Platform Atom Tickets Adds Harkins And Eight More Exhibitors
- Cannes Classics: Orson Welles Doc, ‘Bicycle Thieves’, ‘Big Blue’, ‘Grease’…
- Aviron Capital Backs Interactive Movie App Developer Kino Industries
- Pixar Animator Domee Shi Tackles Empty Nest Syndrome With ‘Incredibles 2’-Opening ‘Bao’…