EXCLUSIVE: I have learned that hit comedy Modern Family has scheduled a new table read for tomorrow at 10:30 AM. The move comes after the show’s first table read for next season yesterday was cancelled at the last minute when only Ed O’Neill of the adult cast showed up — followed by a lawsuit against 20th Century Fox TV filed by his five co-stars. I hear that the cast is expected to show up for the rescheduled table read in what is considered a good-will gesture on both sides with intent to resolve the salary dispute that escalated into a legal action on actors’ part that surprised and upset studio brass. I also hear that despite the lawsuit, the actors do not want to hurt the show that made them household names, thus their decision to go to work while the issues are being resolved. I hear there has been no progress in the negotiations between actors and studio since the filing of the complaint yesterday, but no one believes Modern Family won’t come back in the fall.
'Modern Family' Sets Table Read For Tomorrow, Cast Expected To Show Up
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
World's Biggest YouTuber Vows To Delete Channel Citing Traffic, Race-Based Complaints About Video Service
Latest TV News
- Nick Styne Leaving CAA To Form Management/Production Venture
- ‘Doctor Who’ Christmas Special Heads To New York – Trailer
- Simon Fuller’s XIX Entertainment Making English-Language Version Of Scandi Teen Hit ‘Shame’
- Jimmy Kimmel’s ‘Big Fan’ Game Show Sets Debut Date With Matthew McConaughey
- ‘Timeless’: Annie Wersching Set To Recur On NBC Time Travel Drama Series
- Dr. Dre & Jimmy Iovine Docu Series Set For HBO: ‘Defiant Ones’ Bows Next Year