EXCLUSIVE: I have learned that hit comedy Modern Family has scheduled a new table read for tomorrow at 10:30 AM. The move comes after the show’s first table read for next season yesterday was cancelled at the last minute when only Ed O’Neill of the adult cast showed up — followed by a lawsuit against 20th Century Fox TV filed by his five co-stars. I hear that the cast is expected to show up for the rescheduled table read in what is considered a good-will gesture on both sides with intent to resolve the salary dispute that escalated into a legal action on actors’ part that surprised and upset studio brass. I also hear that despite the lawsuit, the actors do not want to hurt the show that made them household names, thus their decision to go to work while the issues are being resolved. I hear there has been no progress in the negotiations between actors and studio since the filing of the complaint yesterday, but no one believes Modern Family won’t come back in the fall.
'Modern Family' Sets Table Read For Tomorrow, Cast Expected To Show Up
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over