EXCLUSIVE: I have learned that hit comedy Modern Family has scheduled a new table read for tomorrow at 10:30 AM. The move comes after the show’s first table read for next season yesterday was cancelled at the last minute when only Ed O’Neill of the adult cast showed up — followed by a lawsuit against 20th Century Fox TV filed by his five co-stars. I hear that the cast is expected to show up for the rescheduled table read in what is considered a good-will gesture on both sides with intent to resolve the salary dispute that escalated into a legal action on actors’ part that surprised and upset studio brass. I also hear that despite the lawsuit, the actors do not want to hurt the show that made them household names, thus their decision to go to work while the issues are being resolved. I hear there has been no progress in the negotiations between actors and studio since the filing of the complaint yesterday, but no one believes Modern Family won’t come back in the fall.
'Modern Family' Sets Table Read For Tomorrow, Cast Expected To Show Up
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates