“When you’re 17 years old and win your first gold medal, there’s nobody you’d rather share it with,” a promo for a Tuesday Today segment with swimming star Missy Franklin said on NBC Monday night. In yet another snafu that’s drawn criticism of NBC’s Olympics coverage, however, viewers on the East Coast wouldn’t see Franklin take the gold until the 100 meter backstroke final was aired seven minutes after the promo spoiled the surprise. Franklin had in fact taken the medal in London hours before the primetime broadcast, but the network has been drawing strong ratings so far during the Games, meaning a lot of viewers are tuning in with the expectation of at least some suspense. According to reports, NBC corrected the hiccup for the West Coast, airing promos for a profile of Ryan Lochte and the men’s gymnastics competition instead of the Franklin preview.
NBC 'Today' Promo On Missy Franklin Spoils Net's Coverage Of Swimming Win
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Feels "Blessed" By Donald Trump's Pick Of Potty-Mouth Scaramucci As Communications Chief
'Devil's Bargain': Blumhouse TV Acquires Book About Steve Bannon & Donald Trump For Limited Series Adaptation
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest TV News
- Anthony Scaramucci Might Attend Politicon Confab After All
- ‘The Night Shift’ Ratings Hit Season High; ‘Big Brother’ & CBS Top Night
- ‘Secret Life Of Muslims’ Web Series Returns For Season 2 With Funding Push
- 'My Dinner With Hervé': Mark Povinelli & Helena Mattsson Join Cast Of HBO Movie
- ‘Transparent’ Season 4 Trailer: Maura & Family Head To Israel
- Ryan Lizza Punches Back At Anthony Scaramucci Claims About Profane Interview