“When you’re 17 years old and win your first gold medal, there’s nobody you’d rather share it with,” a promo for a Tuesday Today segment with swimming star Missy Franklin said on NBC Monday night. In yet another snafu that’s drawn criticism of NBC’s Olympics coverage, however, viewers on the East Coast wouldn’t see Franklin take the gold until the 100 meter backstroke final was aired seven minutes after the promo spoiled the surprise. Franklin had in fact taken the medal in London hours before the primetime broadcast, but the network has been drawing strong ratings so far during the Games, meaning a lot of viewers are tuning in with the expectation of at least some suspense. According to reports, NBC corrected the hiccup for the West Coast, airing promos for a profile of Ryan Lochte and the men’s gymnastics competition instead of the Franklin preview.
NBC 'Today' Promo On Missy Franklin Spoils Net's Coverage Of Swimming Win
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Exits In Tragic Plot Twist, Reflects On 4.5-Season Run & Its End
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?