“When you’re 17 years old and win your first gold medal, there’s nobody you’d rather share it with,” a promo for a Tuesday Today segment with swimming star Missy Franklin said on NBC Monday night. In yet another snafu that’s drawn criticism of NBC’s Olympics coverage, however, viewers on the East Coast wouldn’t see Franklin take the gold until the 100 meter backstroke final was aired seven minutes after the promo spoiled the surprise. Franklin had in fact taken the medal in London hours before the primetime broadcast, but the network has been drawing strong ratings so far during the Games, meaning a lot of viewers are tuning in with the expectation of at least some suspense. According to reports, NBC corrected the hiccup for the West Coast, airing promos for a profile of Ryan Lochte and the men’s gymnastics competition instead of the Franklin preview.
NBC 'Today' Promo On Missy Franklin Spoils Net's Coverage Of Swimming Win
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest TV News
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel