Ike Barinholtz has been added as a recurring character on Fox’s The Mindy Project, joining stars Mindy Kaling and Chris Messina in the sitcom centered at a medical practice. Barinholtz, also a story editor on the freshman series, will play the new male nurse who was hired despite an apparent lack of tact, hygiene, or formal qualifications. He is one of several who will make appearances on the series when it debuts October 2 and air Tuesdays: Stephen Tobolowsky will play a legendary OB/GYN and head of Schulman and Associates, who Kaling and Messina’s characters look up to. Amanda Setton (Gossip Girl) will play the practice’s tenacious office manager, and Richard Schiff (The West Wing) will guest star in the pilot playing a doctor.
Fox's 'The Mindy Project' Adds To Cast
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Paramount Sets October 'Men, Women & Children' Dates
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'