Ike Barinholtz has been added as a recurring character on Fox’s The Mindy Project, joining stars Mindy Kaling and Chris Messina in the sitcom centered at a medical practice. Barinholtz, also a story editor on the freshman series, will play the new male nurse who was hired despite an apparent lack of tact, hygiene, or formal qualifications. He is one of several who will make appearances on the series when it debuts October 2 and air Tuesdays: Stephen Tobolowsky will play a legendary OB/GYN and head of Schulman and Associates, who Kaling and Messina’s characters look up to. Amanda Setton (Gossip Girl) will play the practice’s tenacious office manager, and Richard Schiff (The West Wing) will guest star in the pilot playing a doctor.
Fox's 'The Mindy Project' Adds To Cast
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' [Video]
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake