Maven Pictures is bringing the ballet of Rudolph Nureyev to the big screen with an adaptation of Dancer, based on Colum McCann’s bestselling 2003 novel. Maven’s Trudie Styler and Celine Rattray are producing with Davide Azzolini. While not a straightforward biography, Dancer tells the story of Nureyev from a young boy to the height of his international fame both on and off the stage during the 1970s. He died in 1992. Maven currently has two films in postproduction: Filth, withJames McAvoy and Jim Broadbent, and Imogene starring Kristen Wiig, Annette Bening, Matt Dillon, and Darren Criss.
Maven Pictures To Adapt Rudolph Nureyev Bio 'Dancer'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
'Dear Basketball' Scribe Kobe Bryant On A Career Built "Piece By Piece" And Life After Basketball — Tribeca Studio
Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio & Robert De Niro Eyeing 'Killers Of The Flower Moon' From Eric Roth Adaptation
Latest Film News
- Taissa Farmiga Set For New Line’s ‘The Nun’; Spinoff of Sister Vera’s ‘The Conjuring’
- An Oscar Winner & A 72-Year-Old Neurologist-Turned-Filmmaker Combine For Festival’s Most Unique Movie…
- Deadline Studio At Tribeca 2017 – Day 4 – Chris Messina, Zosia Mamet, Ed Helms, Debra Winger & More
- ‘One Percent More Humid’: Juno Temple & Julia Garner’s Grief-Stricken Teens Find Summer Solace In New England…
- EOne, Aquarius Board Aussie Series ‘The Other Guy’; Studiocanal Picks Up ‘American Gods’; Viceland Producing Comedy ‘Brexit Stage…
- Pinewood Group’s Ivan Dunleavy Exiting Chief Executive Role