Maven Pictures is bringing the ballet of Rudolph Nureyev to the big screen with an adaptation of Dancer, based on Colum McCann’s bestselling 2003 novel. Maven’s Trudie Styler and Celine Rattray are producing with Davide Azzolini. While not a straightforward biography, Dancer tells the story of Nureyev from a young boy to the height of his international fame both on and off the stage during the 1970s. He died in 1992. Maven currently has two films in postproduction: Filth, withJames McAvoy and Jim Broadbent, and Imogene starring Kristen Wiig, Annette Bening, Matt Dillon, and Darren Criss.
Maven Pictures To Adapt Rudolph Nureyev Bio 'Dancer'
What's Hot on Deadline
The Force Is Strong With 'The Last Jedi' As Thursday Night Preview Looks To Rack Up $45M+ - Early Estimate
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Finale Shocker: Sam Esmail On Tonight's Revelation, Surprise Guest & What's Next In Season 4
Latest Film News
- Berlin Film Festival Unveils First Panorama Titles For 2018
- Clare Stewart To Take Year-Long Sabbatical From BFI London Film Festival
- Jennifer Morrison’s Directorial Debut ‘Sun Dogs’ Lands At Netflix
- Martin Ransohoff Dies: Film And TV Producer For Many Hits Was 90
- June Pictures Shakeup: Alex Saks Buys Out Financier Andrew Duncan Amid Allegation Cloud
- The Murdochs Would Become Disney’s Largest Individual Shareholders When Merger Clears