Maven Pictures is bringing the ballet of Rudolph Nureyev to the big screen with an adaptation of Dancer, based on Colum McCann’s bestselling 2003 novel. Maven’s Trudie Styler and Celine Rattray are producing with Davide Azzolini. While not a straightforward biography, Dancer tells the story of Nureyev from a young boy to the height of his international fame both on and off the stage during the 1970s. He died in 1992. Maven currently has two films in postproduction: Filth, withJames McAvoy and Jim Broadbent, and Imogene starring Kristen Wiig, Annette Bening, Matt Dillon, and Darren Criss.
Maven Pictures To Adapt Rudolph Nureyev Bio 'Dancer'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Benjamin Walker Joins 'The Choice', Nicholas Sparks Adaptation From Lionsgate
- Tracy Morgan Blasts Walmart After Retailer Blames Him For Not Wearing Seatbelt When Driver Rear-Ended His Limo
- 'Tonight Show' Heading To Phoenix For Post-Super Bowl Broadcast
- Red Granite Hires Mika Pryce As Creative Executive
- 'Skin Wars' Renewed For Season 2 On GSN