Maven Pictures is bringing the ballet of Rudolph Nureyev to the big screen with an adaptation of Dancer, based on Colum McCann’s bestselling 2003 novel. Maven’s Trudie Styler and Celine Rattray are producing with Davide Azzolini. While not a straightforward biography, Dancer tells the story of Nureyev from a young boy to the height of his international fame both on and off the stage during the 1970s. He died in 1992. Maven currently has two films in postproduction: Filth, withJames McAvoy and Jim Broadbent, and Imogene starring Kristen Wiig, Annette Bening, Matt Dillon, and Darren Criss.
Maven Pictures To Adapt Rudolph Nureyev Bio 'Dancer'
What's Hot on Deadline
NBCUni Consolidates USA & Syfy In New Network Group Led By Chris McCumber, Syfy's Dave Howe Segues To New Post, Bill McGoldrick To Head All Scripted
Latest Film News
- Warner Bros. Moves ‘Ready Player One’ Out Of 2017 & Away From Next ‘Star Wars’
- SXSW 2016 Announces Midnighters, Festival Favorites, Shorts & Special Events
- Black List Topper Isaac Adamson To Write Alcon’s ‘The Ice Twins’
- ‘The Circle’ Scores Domestic Rights Deal With EuropaCorp; Spotlight Finds ‘Courage’ For Sales…
- Film4 Gets Record Funding Increase, Sets Co-Fi Deal With Fox Searchlight On Martin McDonagh’s ‘Three Billboards’
- Yorgos Lanthimos, Element Pictures & Film4 Re-Team On ‘The Killing Of A Sacred Deer’