Luc Besson’s films have long been big in Japan. Now, the French multi-hyphenate is looking to establish a footprint in China. Besson’s studio, EuropaCorp, today said it has signed an exclusive co-production and distribution pact with Shanghai-based Fundamental Films. The 3-year output deal covers at least 15 Europa films to be released theatrically in China as well as a commitment from Fundamental to co-produce 3 of the 15 titles. The first picture to be released under the deal is the Besson-directed Malavita with Tommy Lee Jones, Michelle Pfeiffer, Robert De Niro and the recently added Dianna Agron and John D’Leo. Deal terms also allow for Europa to handle 3 Chinese films on the international market. Headed by entrepreneur Mark Gao, Fundamental’s previous local releases have included Limitless, Killer Elite and The Grey.
Luc Besson's EuropaCorp Enters Chinese Co-Production & Distribution Pact
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Venice: Bogdanovich Unveils Screwball Comedy 'She's Funny That Way', Riffs On 'Lost Hollywood'
- Global Showbiz Briefs Chinese Web Giant Youku Launches Heyi Film; eOne Acquires 'Seed' Producer Force Four; More
- Venice: Lido Digs Story Of Charlie Chaplin Graverobbers 'The Price Of Fame'
- World Film Community Joins Hands In Support Of Shuttered Beijing Festival
- Venice: 'Act Of Killing' Follow-Up 'The Look Of Silence' Makes Noise On The Lido (Video)
- Hot Trailer: Omar Sy As 'Samba' In 'Intouchables' Helmers' Latest