Stepping up its competition with Netflix, Amazon’s Lovefilm has entered a new subscription VOD deal with Miramax for the UK and Germany. The pact starts this summer and follows a recent streaming agreement with Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution. The company also has deals in place with Warner Bros, Sony Pictures, NBCUniversal, eOne, Studiocanal, Disney, ABC, the BBC and ITV. It operates in the UK, Sweden, Germany, Denmark and Norway. In the UK, Lovefilm competes directly with Netflix, which launched in January with output from Disney, Fox, NBCU, Paramount and Miramax among others. Among the library titles included in the Lovefilm/Miramax deal are Paul Thomas Anderson’s There Will Be Blood, Martin Scorsese’s The Aviator and Quentin Tarantino’s Kill Bill pictures.
Lovefilm To Offer Miramax Titles In The UK And Germany
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest Film News
- Kumail Nanjiani On How A Pitch To Judd Apatow About A Ghost Witch Movie Begat ‘The Big Sick’ – The…
- Exhibition Stocks Rise In Short Trading Session On Holiday Box Office Optimism
- ‘Arthur Miller: Writer’ Helmer Rebecca Miller Discusses Her Doc Portrait Of Father Arthur Miller
- Denis Villeneuve On His Love Of Sci-Fi, Working With Ridley Scott On ‘Blade Runner 2049’ & Revisiting ‘Dune’ – Behind…
- Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why ‘Roman J. Israel, Esq’ Never Left The ’60s Behind – The…
- ‘Loveless’ Director Andrey Zvyagintsev On Filmmaking In Modern-Day Russia