Stepping up its competition with Netflix, Amazon’s Lovefilm has entered a new subscription VOD deal with Miramax for the UK and Germany. The pact starts this summer and follows a recent streaming agreement with Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution. The company also has deals in place with Warner Bros, Sony Pictures, NBCUniversal, eOne, Studiocanal, Disney, ABC, the BBC and ITV. It operates in the UK, Sweden, Germany, Denmark and Norway. In the UK, Lovefilm competes directly with Netflix, which launched in January with output from Disney, Fox, NBCU, Paramount and Miramax among others. Among the library titles included in the Lovefilm/Miramax deal are Paul Thomas Anderson’s There Will Be Blood, Martin Scorsese’s The Aviator and Quentin Tarantino’s Kill Bill pictures.
Lovefilm To Offer Miramax Titles In The UK And Germany
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Gerard Butler Reteams With Millennium Films For Threequel ‘Angel Has Fallen’
- Eva Longoria, Jeremy Piven & Jessica Szohr Star In Jamie Foxx’s Directorial Debut Pic
- Hollywood Research Firm MarketCast Sold To Kohlberg & Co.
- Marvel’s Annie Chang Joins Academy’s Tech Council
- Lin Oeding To Direct ‘Office Uprising’ Starring Brenton Thwaites – AFM
- Andrew Cripps Joining Fox As President Of International Theatrical Distribution