Stepping up its competition with Netflix, Amazon’s Lovefilm has entered a new subscription VOD deal with Miramax for the UK and Germany. The pact starts this summer and follows a recent streaming agreement with Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution. The company also has deals in place with Warner Bros, Sony Pictures, NBCUniversal, eOne, Studiocanal, Disney, ABC, the BBC and ITV. It operates in the UK, Sweden, Germany, Denmark and Norway. In the UK, Lovefilm competes directly with Netflix, which launched in January with output from Disney, Fox, NBCU, Paramount and Miramax among others. Among the library titles included in the Lovefilm/Miramax deal are Paul Thomas Anderson’s There Will Be Blood, Martin Scorsese’s The Aviator and Quentin Tarantino’s Kill Bill pictures.
Lovefilm To Offer Miramax Titles In The UK And Germany
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Film News
- The 16-Year Journey To Release For Duncan Jones And ‘Mute’ – Q&A
- ‘Goosebumps 2’: Madison Iseman, Ben O'Brien, Caleel Harris & Jeremy Ray Taylor Set As Leads
- Skydance Media Taps ‘Tangled’s Nathan Greno In Multiyear Deal, Will Direct ‘Powerless’
- Global Road Entertainment Acquires Action Thriller ‘Hotel Artemis,’ Ensemble Led By Jodie Foster
- ‘Dunkirk’ Cinematographer Hoyte Van Hoytema On Christopher Nolan’s Visceral Approach To Cinema
- Tooley Entertainment Acquires ‘The Fight Before Christmas’ Out Of Broad Green Pictures