Stepping up its competition with Netflix, Amazon’s Lovefilm has entered a new subscription VOD deal with Miramax for the UK and Germany. The pact starts this summer and follows a recent streaming agreement with Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution. The company also has deals in place with Warner Bros, Sony Pictures, NBCUniversal, eOne, Studiocanal, Disney, ABC, the BBC and ITV. It operates in the UK, Sweden, Germany, Denmark and Norway. In the UK, Lovefilm competes directly with Netflix, which launched in January with output from Disney, Fox, NBCU, Paramount and Miramax among others. Among the library titles included in the Lovefilm/Miramax deal are Paul Thomas Anderson’s There Will Be Blood, Martin Scorsese’s The Aviator and Quentin Tarantino’s Kill Bill pictures.
Lovefilm To Offer Miramax Titles In The UK And Germany
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Chairman Says Best Picture Gaffe Was “A Human Error”
- Sakina Jaffrey Cast In Fox’s ‘Red Sparrow’; Bill Marchant Joins Sci-Fi Indie ‘Volition’
- Donald Trump Takes Credit For Oscars Best Picture Snafu
- Bill Paxton Tribute: The Man Behind The Actor
- Comedy Dynamics Books ‘Chee And T’; Kino Lorber Nabs Two Venice Film Fest Pics
- This Is Not A Joke: ‘La La Land’ Producer Jordan Horowitz Talks Oscars’ “Surreal Moment” On ‘GMA…